Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Back in the good ol’ days, I was a singer in quite a few bands. Being up on stage was an amazing feeling, but it doesn’t hold a candle to watching my baby singing and seeing the way she lights up when she’s on stage.

I love to listen to her sing and I think she has a lovely voice, but nothing makes me prouder that having someone comment about how beautiful her voice is. This photo is just before she played with her band, and I love how she is so comfortable and happy to be in front of an audience.

A rockstar scent for a tween: leather, vanilla bean, honey sticks, and sugar.

Unfortunately for me, the leather was all up in my face. Why such a bully? No vanilla, no honey, no sugar for me. I got the barest whiff of lemon, which was odd.

This opened with a very strong, almost fruity honey for me, followed closely by the leather. I didnt realize it until I came and read the notes, but I could distinctly smell the sugar after it dried too. It faded after about 4 hours though. I am hoping it gets stronger with some age. Really a lovely honey-leather scent though.

Wet: RICH, sweet honey.

Dry: Thick, sweet, vanilla-laced honey.. with the barest hint of leather in the background.

In the decant: This is all about the honey sticks. It’s the same note from Don’t Tell Me Heaven is Under the Earth, and I am not sure how, but it really does smell like honey sticks and not just straight up honey. I get the sugar behind it, and hints of the leather and vanilla, but the honey is really strong.

Wet: Honey sticks like whoa! I can smell some sugar and a little leather behind it, but the honey sticks don’t seem to want to share the stage.

Dry: The honey sticks continue to be the star of the show. I get more leather than before after a few hours, but it is not as leather-y as one would expect for it being the first note listed. So… honey, sugar, some leather, and just a hint of vanilla behind those notes.

Over three hours later, the leather does end up coming out more, and so does the vanilla, but the honey is still a main player. It’s pretty light by this point, though.

Verdict: I tend to enjoy leather scents when they are paired with a sweet note (like vanilla or tonka), so I had to try this one. Alas, this one is too strong on the honey sticks for me… and the honey is so strong that I wouldn’t really describe it as a leather scent. I’m glad I got to try it, but it’s not really what I was hoping for.

This is uncanny: It smells JUST LIKE a honey-scented shower gel I used to be obsessed with. Problem is, I can’t remember the name of it! I *think* it was L’Occitane, the miel gel in the clear tombstone-shaped bottle...

So yeah: Honey.

Not sure why, but this is smelling fruity to me.  Maybe the honey?  Ends up being a close to skin honey musk scent.  This is quite innocent and pretty, but a fast fader.  A distant relative of 'O', but not sexy, like a daughter or niece.

Anything with vanilla and honey is pretty much instant blind bottle....

Wet:  Wow, that's instantly gorgeous. I was expecting something like O with leather, but this is a totally different honey note, more floral, and it blends with the sugar note to create something really special. The leather is soft, well worn, the exact leather note I love. This is exactly what I had hoped so far. It's feminine and sexy.

Dry: LOVE this. Leather, sugar, and soft floral honey. Gorgeous. It's simple and sexy and super wearable. Really glad I snagged this. 

Pop Star is a sugared-up honey that manages to smell like honey sticks, rather than just honey.

This is like the honey stick note in Don’t Tell Me Heaven Is Under the Earth. I didn't like the stick-y part of the honey when I first wore that one, but it has grown on me over time. Right now that one's combination of sugared honey, cinnamon, and patch is one of my favorite grounding scents.

This blend is reading as simpler on my skin, mainly just sugary honey sticks smoothed with a little vanilla. Besides Don't Tell Me, this reminds me of O.

I like this, but Don't Tell Me has become my go-to for this honey fix. 😊

ETA: After a couple hours of wear, this honey turns from honey stick-like to more floral on me. I'm not sure if it's my chemistry or something else. Quirky.

Edited by Casablanca

My little popstar begins all honey and sugared vanilla.

Once dry, I get day-flowers; in my mind the image of them is a thick yellow with a bit sweetness. (I think a bath oil of this would create a "safe" feeling).

Despite the honey, this doesnt remind me of O, which i would rate more dark, somehow. In this one, I like the innocence: its plainly thick honey, and there is nothing dark in it. 

The honey and sugared vanilla hide the leather (which is good, as the leather note often doesnt work on my skin). This faint leather is more like suede for me, but thankfully its covered in sweetness.

Its good, plain and office-safe, and "just" nice (not complex).

candy candy candy candy CANDY

like when I went to the candy story in the mall in the early 90s

pure sugar with some flavor - the pressed sugar like candy cigarettes

and gum, old but still has that powdered sugar coating

and very very VERY far underneath is a touch of leather (black? brown?) which makes it almost dirty but the candy overwhelms again right after I sniff it lol

Edited by Roogna

When I first got this, the initial sniff in the bottle was toooo sweet. BUT now that it has had time to settle, here is my review: In the bottle: Blast of sweetness; not gourmand; lots of nectar; almost honeysuckle? On, wet: The individual floral vanilla notes and honey (again, non-gourmand) come out, along with sugar notes (oddly enough, no gourmand here either). In the background, a powdery kind of vinyl and leather. Drydown: The sharpness of the vinyl note vanishes thankfully, and leaves behind this gorgeous sweet thing of nectar/honeysuckle and a very WHITE leather note; like very fine leather gloves, not grunty leather jacket black leather. It's really more of a gold-white honey floral with a background/backdrop of the fine leather. Super cute, very wearable, and oddly femme despite the leather.

Leather and honey smothered with lots of sugar. The leather is definitely not strong, probably due to aging. Weirdly, I'm getting a bubblegum type of scent on my skin. The bubblegum like scent fades in a couple hours and I'm left with just pure vanilla sugar.

It's okay, not what I expected. Not that great if you were hoping for lots of leather.