Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

We love googly eyes almost as much as we love Christmas morning at Casa Barrial, and last year, we were able to merge both of them together.

I love watching Lilith’s face and she races downstairs to see what Krampus and Santa might have left under our pink Christmas tree and what kind of candy La Bafana left in our shoes.

The scent of a Googly Eye Christmas Tree: pink cotton candy, silver tinsel, cinnamon cookies, and white chocolate snow.

Cinnamon and chocolate straight up. I’m sad that I didn’t get any Yule vibes from this. The cotton candy, the tinsel and the tree itself was gobbled up by the greedy cinnamon.

This totally reminds me the holidays. I feel like hazelnut cocoa immediately, maybe sprinkled with a hint of cinnamon. Such a homey, comforting scent.

In the bottle: This smells like Christmas! It definitely smelled pinker and heavier on the cotton candy when it first arrived, though. Now, after a few days of settling, I get lots of the cinnamon from the cookies, white chocolate, and some spun sugar. The tinsel note is not metallic, so if you’re wary of metal notes like I am, you need not worry!

Wet: The cinnamon is very strong on me. I am not surprised, as I tend to amp spices. The white chocolate is next in prominence. The cinnamon does take on more of a cinnamon cookie smell instead of being just straight up cinnamon after a few minutes have passed. I swear I get the tinsel when I smell this, too, but maybe that’s just because of the strong Christmas association?

Dry: It’s all white chocolate and cinnamon cookies for a long time on me, but the cinnamon does end up calming down, and the cotton candy becomes noticeable after a few hours of wear. I get more white chocolate than anything else, though. I still feel like I get the tinsel, too, but I am not sure if it is one of those ‘how does Beth do that!?’ things or the strong association with Christmas.

Verdict: I’m glad that the cinnamon didn’t burn or reign forever. I can’t stop thinking that this smells like Christmas, and I will enjoy wearing it around the holidays!

Wet: Cookies, chocolate, and cinnamon. Not what I was expecting!

Dry: Lots of cinnamon. I'd say this is just a cinnamon cookie scent, and there's something a tad bit plastic in the background. The cotton candy never made an appearance, which is the note I was more excited for.

Didn't work out for me.

Cinnamon is one of my favorites so I was really hoping I would love this. It doesn’t work for me though. In the bottle the cinnamon has become more prominent as it is wet on my skin but there is a note there that I can’t place that I can’t do. I have trouble with pretty much all florals and it reminds me of something floral especially when dry. And unfortunately I really can’t do anything floral other than Patchouli which really limits me to straight foody or spice scents ☹️

I wanted to love this so badly.

Once on my skin it turns into a cinnamon-plasticky mess; I'm attributing the plasticky smell to the tinsel but could be putting blame in the wrong place. Contemplating putting this in my wax warmer to see if I'd like that.

Edited by Anne Taylor

Cinnamon cookies, tinsel, and a whiff of sugary chocolate. Yeah, sort of smells like Christmas.  Medium throw and wear length.

I get a nice blend of all the notes when this is still wet on my skin. Then I get the White Chocolate Death Plastic. Bummer.

In bottle:  Very foody and does indeed make one think of pink, silver, and snow as well as cookies.  It is light and silly, and inviting.  The pink cotton candy note is reminiscent of the pink marshmallow note from some of the Summer fragrances years ago.  It blends shocking well with the cinnamon cookies, which I would not have predicted.  The white chocolate snow goes along just fine.  I think the perfumey edge is likely the tinsel reminding one this is not for eating.  Wet:  Vaguely nutty on the skin.  The pink cotton candy and the white chocolate snow ally in a whole new way.  I think it's the cookies lending that touch of nuts.  Certainly, the cookies give the whole thing a body and richness it wouldn't have otherwise.  The snow has a powdery feel.  Dry: Sweet soft, powdery white chocolate.

When I bought this last year I was so disappointed with how it developed on my skin. It was most of the notes, but all the wrong parts of them, and no cotton candy.

However, I decided to give it a whirl today because I wanted a chocolate that didn't stay chocolate, and knew this scent could give that to me. Hoo, boy, I don't know what's happened in the last few months since wearing it, but it is exactly what I always wanted: it starts as a milky sweet chocolate, rounded by cinnamon and a cookie-ish sweetness, but after a few hours it settles into a cotton candy that keeps from being too kiddy by being tinged with some metallic tang. I actually had forgotten that this was a cotton candy scent and had to come here to check the notes. It wears close to the skin and feels so fun but cozy. 

Nooo cotton candy :cry2:. This is white chocolate cinnamon cookies and a little but of silver tinsel. The cookie note is somewhat similar to Sugar Cookie to me, but covered in chocolate and silver. Luckily, I'm not getting a plasticky note like other reviewers have mentioned.

Soo bummed out about cotton candy, but I still like it.

I am guessing that this one required aging before being able to really enjoy all of the notes. If you didn't like this new, try it aged--it may surprise you!

Bottle: Sweet butter--guessing this is partially cookie and partially white chocolate. I am a little worried that it's going to stay like this as it's a tad overwhelming.

Wet: Mmmm, ok! Sweetness is still there, with a cool tingle too--possibly the tinsel note? MUCH less butter. Can get a whiff of the cotton candy and cookie-ness of it. I can see why others mention a plastic hint--it's not overwhelming and recedes fairly quickly as the tinsel and spun sugar become more prominent. Not getting cinnamon at all.

Dry: I am really liking how the cotton candy and tinsel are playing together. @brwnpaperhag describes it well.