Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
givesgoodemail

Whole Unto Herself

Life imposes so many restrictions on us as we climb through the years: responsibilities, challenges, hardship. Lilith, my baby, may you soar through it with exuberance and grace. Never lose your joy and your sense of self, the triumph of daily pleasures, and the freedom of your soul. May the sorrows of the world never calcify around you; may the sorrows of the world never dim your light or silence your song.

A prayer for my daughter: frankincense, rose, and white lilies.

In the bottle: the pungence of frankincense, softened by the flower notes slightly. Perhaps a hint of anise? Very attractive.

Wet on the skin: Lillies rise to prominence and is fighting it out with the fragrance. A little softer than in the bottle -- still good.

I like it so far. Not my favorite frankincense, and lillies are not always my friend. But I am liking it so far.

I got a handful of Liliths at DragonCon. I chose them by cold sniff, not even remembering the notes as I went happily along sniffing.

At first I thought this was going to be a juicy floral, and it is, at first. Wet flowers present juicy and fruity at first, though nothing aquatic about the wetness of the florals. The frankincense steps in and keeps the roses quite tame and grounded.

This is a beautiful, thoughtful scent.

Frankincense and rosy lilies. This one has a fair bit of resin/frankincense, with floral edges. Medium throw, good wear length.

Well, I feared that the rose would take this fragrance into powder town but it's finally met it's match; evidently the frankincense and Lily bring balance to the Force. I thought this would be too floral but it's the perfect rose, Lily and ethereal incense. It's like a soft kiss on the cheek. This is sweet and tender, no doubt inspired by the subject. This is another scent that for me really conveys intent and I feel the love and gentle spirit of the plants. I'm so grateful that Beth has shared this olfactory impression with us, it feels personal and intimate. I'm also floored by her mastery of florals, it's unparalleled in my experience.

This is an understated, beautiful perfume.  I get overwhelmed with the offerings, resulting in once-tested decants.  Returning to this a few years later, I find a hidden treasure. As mentioned above, this is a thoughtful fragrance.  Only three notes listed, but masterfully blended.  On my skin, the frank and the rose take center stage with the lily note lilting in and out. It hovers on "delicate" but with enough depth to know there is a spirit of power awakening.