Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Theáomai

I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being. 

Oscar Wilde

Lilith has loved the theater since we first took her to see Matilda when she was five. She loves musicals, she loves plays, she loves Shakespeare and Sondheim. She loves huge productions and local improv, she loves Hamlet and drag revues. She loves the pageantry and the intimacy, and loves performing in shows and attending shows equally.

This is the scent of the pile of junk food that accompanies us to almost every performance: chocolate chip cookies, pretzels, caramel corn, and a little slurp of soda.

Chocolate chip cookies, sugar and a whiff of pretzels. Pretty much this smells like chocolate chip cookies. Medium throw and wear length.

Mmmmmmm.

Two of my most favorite chocolate scents from the catalogue are present fully in this blend: Chad + Baby’s First Con Panel = this glorious perfume. WOW.

This is chocolate chip cookies, pretzels, and hot cocoa on me. I’m glad I don’t get the soda (though I’m happy to smell like soda!) since I think it would throw it off some. To me, this is perfection in a bottle, all gooey-crunchy goodness.

As advertised, this is mainly chocolate chip cookies! There's a whiff of caramel, which thankfully doesn't stomp on everything as it has in other notable foodie melange scents and there is a hint of the salt from the pretzels or maybe the popcorn. This reminded me of Gluttony with more salt and no butterscotch. Drying this has a Muddy Puddles Swiss Miss cocoa vibe with a hint of popcorn. The cookies with chocolate chips included remain present and prominent through the opening, heart, and drydown and I am pleased with that. I feel another full bottle upgrade coming up although I really should death match against Baby's First Con Panel and Caramel Shortbread Cookies first.

I thought this was going to be more of a cacophony of food smells, and for that, I was leery. But whilst at NYCC the other day, I tested Theaomai and found that in the bottle, on my skin freshly applied and all the the way through dry down and beyond, that this scent stayed rather consistent and was pretty much very chocolatey chocolate chip cookie. The yummy, buttery kind that leave a light sheen of grease on your fingers after you've eaten them. The chocolate is rich and milky and the cookie is a light underscore- definitely second fiddle, not star of the show. I'd delighted to add this to my rotation of chocolate scents!

I would describe this overall as a chocolate smell. On me, the main note is chocolate (not really getting much cookie), with some super sugary caramel, and just a detectable hint of something doughy in the background (I think it's the pretzel). It's not as much of a mix of foodie scents as I was hoping for, as the chocolate dominates for me, but it's still a nice chocolate scent.

This is predominantly a chocolate scent. The chocolate chip cookie note reads to me like hot cocoa more than anything else, and it is the star throughout the show. I get a bit of fizzy soda from this after a few hours of wear, but I was never able to pick out any pretzels or caramel corn.

I think this is nice, but I am not sure how often I would reach for it over my other cocoa scents.

I kid you not - this is chocolate chip cookies! It's rich milk chocolate, and it's perfectly buttery crispy cookies. Wow.

This does not go weird on my skin - no celery/fennel, burned sugar, plastic or whatever smell.

It's very yummy!

There could be a note that reminds of nutty caramel popcorn, but it's very faint.

During drydown, I can smell more of the popcorn and cookie and a bit less of the chocolate.

Not sure what the soda is supposed to smell like, but I don't pick it out as a prominent note.

I think I do detect a salty vibe here - coming from both the pretzel and the popcorn.

It is not an aquatic salty note, however, just the salt you'd get in a sea salt caramel chocolate (which I absolutely adore).

I'm really happy I got this!

It's fun, unique, and gives you straight up what it promised in the notes.