Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Storm

On a ship at sea: a tempestuous noise.

An electric blackberry violet tossed with seaspray.

This is extremely juicy and fruity. A salty kind of lime-yellow citrus bright, bubbly blackberry, with a hint of that salt and sea note. I don't get very much violet

It's very youthful, and very potent. Does read as neon, but definitely less floral than I thought it would be! Going to give it some wears.

It's summery, brash, and quite loud.

I get a ton of ozone, sea spray, and a touch of violet. It smells fresh, clean, and summer. Youthful, and sort of electric. Medium throw and wear length.

This one was a big disappointment for me.

In the imp it was clean, light, fresh scent, but I really couldn't smell blackberry or violet.

Wet: It's still mostly a light fresh aquatic scent, no flowers, no fruits :-(

Dry: It's like the slightest sweet hint of almost gone light and fresh.

I slathered heavily after realizing how light it was, and this is still barely a ghost of a scent on me :-(

Wet: Tart blackberries and aquatic ozone.

I'm going to guess this was the same blackberry as in Echo Azure, because that went quite tart on my skin also, but not on my friend's skin. Something about my skin makes this fruit a bit sassy.

Dry: A bit of ozone-tinted, vaguely fruity powder. This faded quick.

I never pick up violet.

This was a fun, quirky blend, but unusually short-lived on my skin.

This reminds me of an ozone type of Vanilla Blackberry from Lavanila. It's not a sweet blackberry, but it's got the tart tang from the fruit. I think the violet is in the background, making it feel a little green. It's clean and fruity without overwhelming sweetness. It stays close to the skin, and I don't seem to be amping the sea spray. It's kinda unisex, I feel. It smelled clean and fresh on my husband, but he wasn't convinced he could pull it off. It's really nice.

I only got this because orris/violet is my favorite scent ever. Blackberry is meh to me (Dead Leaves and Blackberry smelled like overdried blackberries on my skin :() and salt is a constant no. It turns into puke on me. So I figured this would be a horrible trainwreck but wanted to try anyway.

I'm really glad I did! The orris is dominant on me, and the blackberry just enhances it and sweetens it in a way that makes it amp, rather than being too fruity. I don't get salt at all, only a little aquatic coolness.

A beautiful, bottle-worthy blend!

I’m just going to do a short review since I’ve had this one on for a little while and it doesn’t seem to particularly morph or anything. This is a new bottle, so it could change as it settles anyway.

On me, this smells basically how it ‘s described: There’s a berry smell with a floral and salt grounding it. Besides that, there might be some ozone in the background.

Before I tried this, I was beginning to worry that maybe The Storm would be too much (maybe the salt amping much or the blackberry being heavy and syrupy, but neither happened). It sort of reminds me of 51 and I think it would be nice in the summer, since the seaspray element gives a beachy feel and it’s kind of a lighter scent. I’m mentally debating ordering a spare bottle.

The initial sniff for me is snaps of citrus and ozone, similar to lightning. Quickly the blackberry comes in and takes over for a moment, juicy with a bit salty singing ozone. Soon it evens out a bit, the ozone melding with the blackberry and distorting it into something not quite recognizable, sweet electric purple. I never can pull out the violet which is just as well on my skin. Very fun blend!