Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Senator Barrial

Senator Barrial in debate class, advocating for the mandatory conversion to electric cars by 2040.

When she’s Senator, she’ll make sure everyone has red velvet sprinkle cupcakes with extra buttercream frosting.

I thought this was going to be like Cake Smash. But it's a dead ringer for Milk Moon of old. This is soooooo reminiscent of the old school Lunacy days. Milk moon served with a side of cookies.

Yeah, this is good. I want to age it out.

I'm forever looking for the red velvet cake note found in Monsterbait: Closet, but once more, alas, it isn't here. That's not to say that Senator Barriel isn't lovely, though. To me it smells very much like sprinkles, with a base of cake crumbs. It's not too foody or overly sweet and isn't hugely strong, so it's worth a try if you're on the fence about foody scents.

I feel like this is as close to a red velvet cake single note as will ever happen. The frosting comes out on the dry down. I am seriously loving this...I think aging will definitely make it richer. I remember how intense Sprinklecake ended up being after some years so I am sure this will turn into something of similar strength :)

Loads of buttercream frosting and a red velvet cake. If you want to smell like red velvet cake, get this. Good throw and wear length.

Oh, hell yeah, foody. Again, the description is spot-on. I agree with the post above: very close to a single-note Red Velvet Cake scent. Medium throw, long-lasting. I'm using it as a sleep scent and it still is going strong in the morning. Definitely going to snag more of this.

Wet: CAAAAAAAAAAKE. More red velvet cake than frosting currently. Yum.

Dry: Still CAAAAAAAAAAKE. I was thinking this would be similar to Cake Smash, but they scents really do smell different. This scent is a bit heavier, and sticks around longer than Cake Smash and has greater throw. (Some different notes, of course.)

Foodie lovers; try this!

I've worn this the last several days and each day I feel differently about it. This is a delicious gourmand, but sometimes it makes me hungry, and other times it makes me... nauseated. BPAL's caramel note usually gives me an immediate need to wretch, so I assume there must be some caramel somewhere in here. Outside of that, however, it's delightful and smells like a cake on days I don't get the caramel component.

In the decant: Lots and lots of buttercream and sprinkles! I am getting the red velvet cupcake beneath it, but this is definitely one of those cupcakes that has a thicker layer of frosting than cake.

Wet: The buttercream frosting and sprinkles are pretty strong, but I’m also getting more of the red velvet cake on me than I did in the decant. This is sprinkles, buttercream, and then cake on me.

Dry: This is mostly super sweet sprinkle-covered buttercream on me. There’s some cake underneath it, but I am getting less of it now than I did before. I feel like there’s just some cake crumbs mixed in with the frosting and sprinkles until a few hours later, when I get a little more cake. I prefer this phase of the scent.

Verdict: I’m glad that this didn’t turn on me like Sprinklecake did. It’s a nice cake scent, but it’s one that I do not believe that I need more of, because there’s just so much buttercream (and so many sprinkles!) at play on me, and I was hoping for a little more red velvet.

HAI, CAKE!
I don't get frosting with this, but honestly, I'm not minding- sometimes frosting goes plastic with my skin and I become rather morose about the whole thing. Here instead we have a lovely, fresh-baked cake with a soft, moist crumb. It's a good skin scent- low throw, stays very close, and isn't terribly sweet or overly foodie. It's so light it's almost like an angel food cake.

Adore!

This smelled strange when I first got it (or else my medication was messing with my skin chemistry and my head), but I like it now that it has aged.  It reminds me of the German chocolate cake that my dad always requested for his birthday.  Crumbly, moist chocolate cake with that nutty, caramelized, gooey frosting, only this has an extra dose of real buttercream frosting to it as well.  Sweet and cheerfully gourmand.

Edited by Little Bird

This is so nostalgic for me! My cousins and I used to make boxed cakes at my grandmas house. It was how we learned to bake. This one smells like a red velvet boxed mix. That touch of cocoa is there and red food coloring? How it specifically SMELLS red? I am finding that, too. 

Definitely on skin pick up butter cream. So glad its not cream cheese Frosting on me. Its tooth achey sweet and delicious! This is a keeper for me. 

mounds upon mounds of vanilla buttercream frosting atop a soft, spongey red velvet cake. i definitely get more frosting than cake, with a generous helping of sprinkles. the red velvet cake is delightful, with a touch of powdery cocoa and a fluffy, moist crumb that complements the richness of the buttercream wonderfully. this is as close to a cupcakes-and-frosting scent as it gets, a true no-frills gourmand that isn't tooth-achingly sweet. simple and delicious!