Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Antoinette

Roof Goblins

This cabin has roof goblins, and they’re going to steal your apples and milk.

Honeycrisp apples and sugared milk.

Wow, Roof Goblins is one of those blends that sounded perfect to me and it does not disappoint.

It's a straightforward mixture of sweet and juicy honeycrisp apples and sugared milk. Soft and sweet, it stays close to the skin but for the first few hours I kept getting delicious wafts of sweet creamy apple.

Definitely the best milk note I've tried! It's sugared, creamy and soft - which is what the final dry down is like on my skin. This is going to be a regular go to for the fall and winter months because it's comforting and I imagine will feel warm in the cold days ahead. Beautiful!

Apple juice with a breath of perfumy sweetness. If I didn’t already have, like, half a dozen bottles of a pure apple note, I’d get this. Delightful.

Edited by Soupy Twist

In the imp: SWEET sweet apple! I'm also pleasantly surprised (dunno why, it's the LAB after-all) that they really nailed Honeycrisp apples specifically.

Wet on the skin: sweet apple softened around the edges with a creamy note

Dry down: Much more subtle, started out with hella throw but now it's dialed back to giving me the occasional "what's that great smell? Oh that's me!" whiffs when I move around. It's still predominantly apple, and a really juicy faithful one, but the sweet milk scent really keeps it from having any sharp edges or "crispness" I've gotten from other apple scents. It's absolutely lovely!!

This is like smooth, sweet, organic apple juice served from a glass container. It smells this way both in a scent locket & my skin. I agree that the milk keeps it from having sharp edges, instead this is a very smooth scent.

On my skin, this doesn't last very long. Maybe half an hour & then it's very faint.

I look forward to wearing this on crisp fall days, planting unconscious wants to visit apple orchards in all who pass.

Realistic Honeycrisp apples in sugary, creamy milk.

I even seem to smell the skin of the apples.

This blend is so autumnal, it might change color and fall to the ground by November. Lovely.

In the decant: Whoa, that’s a very realistic, just-bitten-into honeycrisp apple!

Wet: Same! And it’s so real you can envision the texture of the inside of the just-bitten-into apple when you smell it! :D

Dry: The honeycrisp apple remains the star of the show, but now the sugared milk has emerged, and I agree that it smells like leftover cereal milk! The cereal milk note becomes more prominent after a few hours and is mingling with what is now a much softer apple note. Lovely!

Verdict: This was a contender for a bottle purchase, but I went for a decant because I thought it might be too much like Apple I. Well, the apple in this is stronger than the apple in Apple I on me, and the milk note is different, because it’s leftover cereal milk and not goat’s milk. I am really happy with this and will definitely be hanging on to my decant. I am going to give it a full-day test to decide if I need more of it.

Where's the milk? Huh. My skin ate the milk, so this is all sugary honeycrisp apple (my favorite type of apple anyways). I'd still get a bottle

Thoughts before testing: I generally steer clear of fruit scents but apple is an exception for me. Ever since the really beautiful Celestial Apples from the 2011 Weenies, I've been on the lookout for interesting apple scents. Apple and milk sounds just simple but intriguing enough for me to bite (pun intended :D )

Wet: Super duper realistic, crisp, juicy, sweet Honeycrisp apple with just a hint of milky goodness in the back.

Dry down: After about fifteen minutes, the apple becomes creamy and the sweetness dials back just a little bit.

Dry: The apple really mellows out and the creaminess becomes the star of the show. I definitely agree with those above saying it's sweetened like cereal milk (although without the fruitiness that was present in the Marshmallow Bunnies of Niflhel, thankfully).

Final thoughts: Sweet creamy scents are my absolute favorite type of perfume and this is a stunner. The apple is to die for, the creamy sweetness lasts forever, and all throughout the day I kept getting wafts of this really amazing scent that I was continually delighted to realize was me. My husband is very into apple scents and went gaga over this as well. I have a lot of sweet/cream scents but nothing with apple so this is definitely a keeper.

Verdict: upgrading to a bottle!

Not much to add except I’m so disappointed how quickly my skin eats it - I the glorious super realistic honey crisp with just a touch of sweet creaminess. its truly wonderful - then poof!l for that reason, no backup needed

Wow the honeycrisp apple is so accurate and specific. Crisp and a smidge tart, almost floral fruitiness. Beautifully sugared with some creaminess from the milk. 

Holy cow. I got THISCLOSE to putting it in my swap pile. So glad I gave it another go after 7 months. It was kinda basic and boring at first  so I never reached for it. It has started to age and the sugared milk note is making it very soft snd “perfumey”. Definitely gonna hold on to this!