Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Soupy Twist

Lilith Nightingale

Whenever I’m sick, tired, or just run down, Lilith always tries to help out. She’s always helpful, but when someone is feeling poorly, she’s an absolute angel.

This year, now that she’s a little bit older, she’s taken to cooking a bit here and there. Here, she’s stealing my Evil Dead shirt and making kitchari for me. I was feeling under the weather, and she wanted to take care of me. Oh my GOD, I love this kid.

(She’s taken to wearing protective goggles that Brian gave her every time she cooks.)

A bundle of Ayurvedic spices warmed in cream, with a little bit of dried fig and sweet dates.

Cream in the bottle. Goes on with a clean but lightly spicy note — somehow it feels like antiseptic? But in a good way? I don't know what Beth intends "Ayurvedic" to mean; on me this is a bright, comforting, yet take-charge scent. This is the spice blend of the nurse who is going to make you feel better. I don't know how else to describe it.

As it dries, it's very clean, like linen or "free and clear detergent." This continues back to the clean spices. It snuggles close to the skin without a lot of throw. I could see this working really well for people in the medical field. I would be bolstered if my medical practioners smelled like this.

Spices, with a brush of creamy fig and date. This smells like it has turmeric and ginger in it, and maybe all spice. It's a savory fruity sort of blend. It's very comforting, and dare I say it, healing? Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: the cream does a heavy burnout in my face. Whooo. Then ..a moment of clarity at the end of a wormhole. Smells like white flowers, very mineralic spa water, clean mint, and sweet fig. Drydown: I have no idea what this clean note is, pulling to the forefront but its wonderful. The floral spa water smell doesn't go away but I really REALLY like it. Super clean in an ayurvedic calming way. No astringency.

I think this is the hallmark scent of what many want their house to smell like after a massive cleaning and purchase of new bedding and throw pillows for every goddamn surface..but alas its unachievable because its in the wood and atmosphere, not the accessories and cleaning supplies. Try this instead. Totally unique scent. I highly recommend it.

Edited by SophieCedar

In the decant: Dates, cream, and spices (not cinnamon, though)!

Wet: I’m getting the same notes on my skin, but the cream is more prominent than the dates on me. The spices are very light at first, but they seem to be getting stronger as the scent sits on my skin. I think there may be a ginger note in this, and possibly some turmeric, as zee_zee mentioned, but I can’t say for sure. But I will say that I’m enjoying this more than I thought I would!

Dry: This is a really creamy, comforting scent. The spices continue to be light, but the fig and date notes are a little more noticeable now. I’m pleasantly surprised that the fig hasn’t taken over and that it hasn’t turned waxy on me.

Verdict: This is lovely. I am not sure that I would reach for it enough to warrant getting a bottle (I’ll have to give it a full day’s wear and see if I still feel that way before the Liliths come down), but if I don’t end up buying a bottle, I’ll definitely cherish my decant.

This ended up at the bottom of a pile of something, so I'm only trying it now, and I'm glad I located it, because it's really lovely! A little creamsicle-y, but I think the spices are preventing anything too foodie. After a few hours, I'm getting a sweet, creamy, clean smell. If it doesn't fade too quickly, I might want a bottle of this?

Buttery, warm spices encased in a mushy sweetness of fig and dates. Lovely. Kinda reminds me of a cream soda if anything. Dried down it's got something of the vitamin bottle I have for my bird, but not in a bad way. Maybe it's just me, but the spices are driving me insane - which is SUPER unfortunate bc this is lovely. Bah! 

This smells like a soft creamy rootbeer on me. For some reason the spices are going sarsaparilla on me, but I take no issue. Absolutely lovely!

Lilith Nightingale is so comforting. It’s all about the cream, with sprinkles of herbs and a smear of date & fig.

Turmeric and possibly ginger, maybe a spice/herb I just don’t recognize. Dates bring a dark sweetness, reminding me of vanilla. Fig adds to the complexity and it took me a while to tease it out, yet I know it’s the perfect touch. There is a bit of something clean. Maybe a thread of linen? 

I wear this at night when I want to be nurtured and cuddled. I love that I have a partial bottle! 

Lilith Nightingale starts out lovely on me, sweet cream and dates.  Then it goes sideways on me.  I don't know what ayurvedic spices comprise, but something in there is wonky with my skin chemistry.  Not enough to wash it off or anything, just not something I was interested in wearing again.  Hours later, having forgotten all about it, it's back to lovely.  Soft sweet cream with gentle fig and date.  No throw (normal on me) but lasts really well.