Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Let Your Indulgence Set Me Free

There are several scents this year that are inspired by Lilith’s performance in the Tempest, and this one was born from the triumphant smile on her face as she held the flowers her family brought for her.

A cluster of peonies, carnations, roses, lilies and sweet pea cascading over a bright vanilla smile.

Honeyed peonies, touches of rose, lilies and sweet pea. This one is very big peony blend. Huge throw, good wear length.

Um, get this if you like peonies?

I was so surprised by this! Given the listed notes, I find it to be surprisingly gourmand. That “bright vanilla smile” is such a lovely grounding note for the bouquet of other scents. Try this if you like The Hierophant and the Empress; and Roses, Pearls and Diamonds.

In the decant: This actually smells like a bouquet of flowers. Sniffing it makes me envision touching the soft petals. The carnation and rose stand out to me in particular, but I can also smell the peonies, lilies, and sweet pea behind those notes, with just a little vanilla in the background.

Wet: Yes, this is exactly like stuffing your face into a bouquet of flowers. The carnation, rose, and peony notes are the first notes to leap out at me, followed by the sweet pea and lily. The carnation is somewhat spicy, and it's warming my skin, but it’s normal for me to get a lot of it because I amp that note. The sweet pea also becomes stronger after a few minutes, and I really love the sweet pink feel that it adds to the scent. If you’ve tried Muse of Fire and are wondering how this compares to that scent, I have to say that they are really different. The floral notes in this are far more realistic and able to be picked out of the scent, and this has more of a fresh flower feel to it than a perfume-y one.

Dry: The carnation, rose, and peonies remain the dominant notes for a while, with the sweet pea deciding to retreat to the background.

Then, this turns funky on me. I am so sad, because I enjoyed the wet phase so much. It’s doing something similar to what Winter Landscape did on me, even though this doesn’t share any notes with that one, and these notes are normally fine on me.

There is only a whiff of vanilla, far in the background.

Verdict: I went for a decant of this instead of leaping for a bottle, because I was not sure if this would have enough vanilla in it for me (since I prefer vanilla-ed or sugary floral scents). Well, there’s not as much vanilla as I was hoping for, but it was still really lovely before my skin chemistry decided to ruin it. So no bottle for me, but maybe I’ll try my decant in a locket and see how that goes.

OMG so apparently I like florals?? Who knew?? Any mixture of flowers is usually an instant headache for me but there's one in here that's really bright and fresh and grassy which I love... by process of elimination I think it has to be either sweet pea or peony. It's like a gardenia without turning overly sweet or loud. After drydown, it smells a lot like High-Strung Daisies (sugar and carnation?). I don't get much of the rose or lily. I just wish the first flower stayed around longer - if anyone can identify it let me know please! :D

Edited by tinyopaws

Yess! Pink peonies, sweet vanilla, sweet pea and a touch of spicy carnation lily and rose. Mostly sweet pink flowers and vanilla. Reminds me of Alice and Mouse's Long Sad Tale, in throw and overall cascade. A bit grassier in drydown, but that's a good thing. Keeps the flowers smelling fresh. Excellent!

OMG so apparently I like florals?? Who knew?? Any mixture of flowers is usually an instant headache for me but there's one in here that's really bright and fresh and grassy which I love... by process of elimination I think it has to be either sweet pea or peony. It's like a gardenia without turning overly sweet or loud. After drydown, it smells a lot like High-Strung Daisies (sugar and carnation?). I don't get much of the rose or lily. I just wish the first flower stayed around longer - if anyone can identify it let me know please! :D

Hi! I'm new to posting, but been hanging around for a while and just had to reply that I totally agree! Not usually a floral fan but love the brightness of this one..it reads "pink" to me.

the first reviewer says it's overwhelmingly peony, which was my first impression too, but I remember my skin amping sweet pea in mouse's tale and I'm getting that same dominant floral note here, soo I'm thinking it must be the sweet pea after all. I like the balance with the other florals in this one much better than mouse's tale tho. My chemistry tends to amp rose/turn the note sour, but that doesn't happen at all - I don't really get any of the other florals (carnations, lilies) on an individual level, they're just sort of there balancing out the bouquet. I also love vanilla and was kind of hoping for a bit more (it's barley detectable on me), but at the end of the day I'm not really disappointed.

Gorgeous sugary floral blend. While I get distinct lily and rose here and there the sweet pea, carnation, and peony are strongest on me. It ends up like High Strung Daisies with sweet pea and peony on me.