Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mollison

Hooligan Witches

Lilith and Mo casting spells together last winter! They solemnly swear that they’re up to no good: pumpkin cream soda, fried ice cream, and popcorn.

In the bottle, this smells like a buttery, delicious, flaky mound of fried pumpkin ice cream. I want to eat it. It's not like Melty Pumpkin Ice Cream, though, if you've tried that one...similar, but a different sugar note and this one is more buttery. There's not really a strong pumpkin spice element, but my brain associates the smell with Halloween...like a Halloween-themed foodie candle, but not a cheap candle with a generic scent, a nice one that makes people ask what you just baked.

On my skin, it's the same and eventually gets a little plasticky (possibly the cream soda note in it? there seems to be a resemblance to the cream note in Boo, and that one was always wonky on me...so this is like Boo minus the linen and plus buttery pumpkin pastry?). I still love it, both for the concept and that amazing smell in the bottle- I'll probably put it in a scent locket. I don't get popcorn, but it is definitely buttery, but not over-the-top butter like Gluttony (discontinued) was on me.

Hours later, the faint sweetness of pumpkin cream soda, but just a suggestion of it. It doesn't have a ton of lasting power, but what's left is a lovely pumpkin-y creaminess with maybe a whisper of pumpkin spice that must have stayed in the background through all the other stages.

On my skin, this immediately goes to plastic. This may be due to time of month, or maybe it will age out of it. For now I'll stick to putting it in my scent locket!

In my scent locket: the most gorgeous, buttery, flakey pastry pumpkin scent. Delicious. I wish I could eat it, but I'll settle for wearing it around my neck <3

Popcorn, pumpkin pie and a whiff of cream. This is mainly a pumpkin popcorn blend.

Delicious. If you love, Mouse Circus, this is like the pumpkin version of that. Good throw and wear length.

ZZ is correct with the Mouse Circus association - popcorn and sweet. This is stronger though...better. No real pumpkin spice to be found and no soda zippiness, just sweet sugary pumpkin cream, buttery popcorn and fresh fried ice cream. Its brilliant. I love it.

In the decant: I smell the buttery popcorn, fried ice cream, and creamy pumpkin (which I could see being pumpkin cream soda, except for there’s not much of a fizzy soda vibe here).

Wet: The buttery popcorn note is the first note to jump out at me, followed by the fried vanilla ice cream and pumpkin cream soda. I, too, see this as being in the same family as Mouse Circus.

Dry: It remains that way for a while, but eventually, the pumpkin cream soda comes out more (and I am getting that fizzy soda aspect to it now) and the ice cream calms down, so that it’s more of a fizzy cream soda and buttered popcorn scent backed by the fried ice cream.

Verdict: I enjoy this, but I am not sure that I need more of it, since I already don’t reach for my bottle of Mouse Circus very often, and I wish I were getting a little less popcorn from this. I’ll test it again before the Liliths go away just to be sure, though. In any case, it smells delicious, and I’m definitely going to keep the decant!

This is so yummy and so cute! The popcorn note is light. It’s more a pumpkin creamy scent for me. The fried ice cream is there too and vanilla heavy. It’s a fun foodie scent that I’m happy to have. I have Brunch Witches too so I like having both. :yum:

In the bottle I definitely get a warm pumpkin note.

On the skin I immediately get the fried ice cream and soon a slight popcorn note! But not as strong as in Mouse Circus, it's rather faint unfortunately. It's not overly sweet, just very nice!

After 10-15 min I just get a faint pumpkin spice note. It's barely there, glad cause I hate spice notes, my skin amps them.

Overall a very nice not too sweet fun scent!

This is my surprise winner out of the Lilith series this year.

I get no pumpkin, or popcorn, even after repeated testings.

This is that crunchy, spicy, caramelized crust that goes around the fried ice cream. I don't think the spice is cinnamon - I would guess other things - maybe clove or cardamom. There is also a breath of vanilla extract, milk and cream notes, and an awful lot of a very realistic cream-soda accord.

This is a rich dessert, a real sugar-bomb. At first I thought, oh no, this isn't me at all (I'm not much of one for sugary or gourmand scents)

But on the far drydown I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists. Sure, it smells like a dessert tray - but it is fun, and very wearable. The hint of spice and toasted sugar makes it feel mischievous and playful. 

I will wear this on grey, boring days when I need inspiration to break a few rules and play a few pranks.

Edited by crimescenecleanup