Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red musk streaked with black musk seed, leather accord, black diamond shards of gleaming labdanum, and cherry wood.

I am a total sucker for retail exclusives, and all of the other BPAL creations done for this publisher have been fantastic--as is this one!  I just got this, and it was a little bottle-tight this AM, but I put it on anyway.  In the bottle--furniture workshop wood resin; almost hints of the faintest whiff of fresh wood polish, like a new door installed in an old apartment.  On, wet:  I normally amp red musk like nobody's business, and I am very pleased that in this case, it's really staying in the background, adding just a liiiiiitle lift to the leather and the black musk/oily notes of labdanum.  The leather notes come out first, followed by more complex woody smells.  After drydown, a sort of resinous cherrywood lingers on (hard to describe unless you've actually worked with cherrywood in a woodshop and/or pruned a cherry tree--think almost sour cherry notes blended with sapwood).  At the end of the day, after a longer drydown, what lingers on on me anyway is tiny hits of the leather accord and a resinous black musk/sap smell.  Very low throw on this--it stays very close to the skin on me--and medium to low wear time before re-application.  I really like it as the black musk is the ruling musk here, not the red, which as mentioned I wouldn't even know it was there if it wasn't listed.  Glad I got it!

Black leather, and red and black musk, with whiffs of cherry wood. This oddly enough, smelled like a leather chypre on wet to me, and then dried down to have the leather and the musks amping up. It's a fairly masculine scent, very sophisticated, and very very good. It's not my type of blend, but its gorgeous.

Leather lovers, take note. Awesome throw and wear length on me, because leather.

This is really really good. You could say it goes a wee bit to the masculine side but I’d definitely wear it. The notes are so well blended that are hard to recognize. Definitely in my top 10.