Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

He protecc
He attacc
But most important, he yell at own ass and ass yell back

- Jessica Mihaichuk

I posted this image while working on tidying up the DragonCon scents, and a comment of Jessica’s made me rethink the whole scent concept.

A highly specific manifestation of internal conflict: dragon’s blood resin, black pepper, aged black patchouli, agarwood, and hot geranium.

The hilarious name and label art had me halfway ready to buy this even before I looked at the notes, but I had to think about it to make sure it wasn't just because it made me laugh. I'm happy that I decided to ask my friend to pick it up for me, because it's even better than I thought it would be.

The patchouli-geranium combination is like a cousin to Sic Erit, one of my favorite BPAL scents. DBR doesn't overpower the other notes, as it can sometimes do on my skin. Black pepper makes an appearance in the beginning and smoothes out as it dries. Agarwood blends with the mellow, soft patchouli. Everything is well balanced and I can see this getting better with age.

Sweet, woody resin fragrances work on me better than almost anything, so I'm not sure why I ever hesitated over this at all. The name and label art are just bonuses. I just hope someone will ask me what I'm wearing. :D

Sweet, fiery dragon's resin, hint of pepper, and geranium. This is mainly a DBR and geranium mix on me. With spicy hints. Medium throw and wear length.

This would be SO GOOD without the geranium. I mean, it’s still good, but the geranium is VERY prominent. Maybe a little aging will do the trick. The rest of the notes are standout exemplars of their own accords. If you’re into any of the listed notes, definitely try this out, as it may be amazing on you. :)