Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clockworkcrypt

What are your favorite GC BPAL scents (IE: Recs for New Collectors!)

I hope Lights of Men's Lives is anywhere near as good on you as it is on me. You did see that Liliths dropped, right?? Decant circles can't be far behind.

I hope Lights of Men's Lives is anywhere near as good on you as it is on me. You did see that Liliths dropped, right?? Decant circles can't be far behind.

I know! I told myself that I could resist them but... now I'm not so sure

Snake Oil and Hells Belle :wub3:

Oh! I have Hell's Belle in a little bag by my bed just begging to be tried!

I hope you love it! It will always be a favorite of mine.

Dragons milk- Once my body warms the oil and burns off the dragons blood this becomes a gorgeous vanilla plume

Golden Priapus- My skin really amps the vanilla in this. It is smooth, fuzzy, and comforting. A more masculine scent

Edited by Amorphous Red

I'm bumping this because I like the topic.  GCs aren't flashy and don't seem to get as much love, but they are solid standbys.  

I agree with Sea of Glass, Dee, and Black Pearl.  

I'd add Lyonesse - sweet, filmy, dreamy florals;

Black Annis - sweet anise and smokey, cozy, rock; and

Whip - the truest wet, red rose with a little powdery leather (the only rose scent that works on me)

And a little advice for newbies - let your imps rest! If you don't like it when you first try it, put it aside and try it again in a week or two, and then again in a month or two.  Some oils need some time to mellow and allow their complexities to develop. 

I really love Death Cap! It’s earthy and something like coconut incense.... 

No one has mentioned Alice!  This was my very first BPAL imp and instant love.  Elf is my favorite of the RPGs.  Summer forest in dappled light.   My tastes have become darker but both are still an instant mood boost, worn mainly spring & summer.  I already mentioned Lights of Men's Lives. 

Fall:  Sin, Chimera, Depraved

Winter blends:  Haunted, Sloth, Black Rider, Coyote

When I gave a bunch of imps to a close friend, she bonded with Oblivion.  She's on her third bottle, I think, but has no interest in trying EVERYTHING the way I do. She found her signature scent and she's happy.  

Oooo... tricky, tricky.

Love Me- So powerful, voluptuous and spicy florals

Snake Oil - My go to for when I don't know what to go to. Comforting and comfortable.

I love:
Vixen - sweet and sexy
Alice - sweet, creamy, spicy flowers
Lady of Shalott - green and aquatic flowers
Bewitched - wild and mysterious. Forest and berries
Elf - berries, musk and forest
Haunted - heavy and sexy

For newcomers I’d suggest 3 imp packs..

For summer – Lyonesse, Pele, Eden, 51, Oblatala, Tushnamatay

For fall and winter – Bathsheba, Lights of Men’s Lives, Miskatonic University, Dorian, Dee, Black Phoenix

For spring – Schrodinger’s Cat, Drow Yoga Instructor, Halfling, White Rabbit, Bugbear Doula, Drink Me

LUST. OMG LUST. 

*ahem* I may really love this one. I just hope my ordered bottle is as amazing as my imp. If not, I’ll let it age and wait for it. OMG LUST 😍

It's been a long time, so

Foodie/Vanilla:

Lyonesse

Eat Me

Perversion (Not sure what to call a wine/tobacco/leather. The drydown turns amazing on me.)

Snake Oil

Floral:

The Rose

The Phantom Wooer

Resins:

Anubis

Cathedral

Sloth

Blood

Wood:

Half-elf

The Forest Reverie