Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

The Imperator

Commanding his legions to secure the safety of his people and promote the expansion of his lands: steel and gold wreathed by a crown of bay and iris.

Bay, metallic steel (warmed up by something golden) and a touch of powdery iris. If you love bay, give this a whirl. It's a sophisticated perfumey bay. I am putting this on mr. zee_zee's pile.
It's gender neutral but definitely more along the lines of expensive cologne, which he tends to favor. Medium throw and wear length.

Regal, sophisticated, manly.

Bottle fresh from the Lab.

I knew this would be masculine, but I've been wishing for a bay scent because my name means bay laurel tree.

In the bottle: Just what it says. Bay and iris, with a metallic edge. I can't distinguish between gold and steel. They smell alike to me. So I'll take Beth's word for it. It's a little on the men's-cologne side, but not aggressively so. There is something that warms it up a bit (that must be the gold) to tamp down the men's-cologne vibe.

On me, wet: The herbal bay note is more prominent on me, and the overall scent is a little warmer and less floral. But it is still a cool fragrance.

At 5 minutes: Up close, it has already gone quite light, but I can actually smell it better a few inches away.

At 10 minutes: The iris is starting to come out more, and it is losing some of the cool metallic edge.

At 20 minutes: It is growing more flowery, warmer, and less masculine and cologne-y all the time.

At 30 minutes: No further change. All notes are present and accounted for at all times; only the emphasis changes slightly. The overall scent is stable and consistent. It is a smoothly blended fragrance that requires some concentration to distinguish the individual notes.

At 1 hour: Very light, powdery iris.

At 2 1/2 hours: Barely there. Just a faint whisper of iris powder. And a tinge of the cool metal is back.

Verdict: Yes, it is a little too much like a men's cologne for me to really love it. Not so much that I wouldn't wear it, though. It's quite nice. And so light and cool. It would be great for hot weather.

Most prominent note(s): Bay and iris

Character: Mildly men's-cologne. Fresh: Green and Watery

My rating: 4 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose