Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Lucchesa

The Emperor’s Crown

A symbol of Divine Power made manifest in man, of the order of the universe being executed upon earth. It signifies the apex of glory, triumph, and immortality, and the extension of dominion: a symbol of rulership blessed by celestial providence.

Self-control that leads to self-realization: frankincense and styrax with bergamot and lemon peel.

My first first review! I'm glad it's for something I like a lot. Wet, The Emperor's Crown is frankincense and realistic lemon. Fresh, bright, golden yellow like the crown and the globe and scepter in his hands. I always think of frankincense as a righteous scent, a cut-through-the-bullshit scent -- a little austere but with its own inner light.

As the scent dries down, the bergamot becomes more apparent to my nose, so it's sunny citrus and frankincense and a hint of something vanillic which is probably the styrax. Wikipedia suggests that styrax may be the same as benzoin, and while I'm sure Beth has perfectly good reasons for the varied nomenclature, it does get confusing. The wear length is not outstanding, but that may well improve with age. If lemon and frankincense sounds lovely, well, it is.

Bright yellow resin. It's mainly citrusy frankincense. But if you love frankincense, give this a whirl. Medium throw, low wear length.

The Emperor's Crown on my skin is a dead ringer for Penitence. All i get is frankincense, no lemon peel, bergamot or styrax. If you like a dry resin blend, get this.