Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Cabbage White

A tiny creature with a wingspan less than two inches wide, she thrives on diversity but has a taste for mustard. She may be small, but she is fierce: one cabbage white butterfly can be the matriarch of generations of millions.

Orris root, orris butter, lily of the valley, and vanilla cream.

The double hit of orris here transforms into a fatty violet, fruity, sweet and waxy floral with vintage overtones. I get a little bit of lily in the background, giving it a certain, damp coolness, like walking through a rainy meadow filled with silvery mist. The yummy vanilla is so creamy, it's alot like a delicious violet ice cream with the perfect amount of sweetness. I'm going to dot this on my pillow tonight because I find this incredibly soothing and perhaps the perfect sleep scent.

EDITING to add that I opened and applied this the day it arrived and it screamed of talcum powder. I wasn't sure it was wearable for me, so I stuck it in my storage box and forgot about it. I think this one needs a bit of aging before testing.
Edited by Jenjin

Cabbage White is a loud, white, powdery, sweet explosion of a scent on my skin. The orris is powdery, silvery, and sweet like powdered sugar covered iris petals, the lily smells clean, but also rich, waxy, and of honeyed pollen, and the vanilla cream just furthers the sweetness. It's quite a bit like Possets' Silver Lily fragrance, only richer and heavier. I like all of these notes, but together they are almost overwhelming on me. Perhaps a bit too sweet on my skin. I do like how this is a bold, heavy fragrance with notes that I usually consider to be softer and quieter, though. It smells like a very aggressive, intense, sugar hyped lily on me, and I'm sure that there will be a time to wear this, but it'll never be an every day, casual scent to me.

Powdery vanilla lily. I get mainly a ton of powder, that is vanilla and lily scented. Great throw.

Best. talcum. powder. ever.

I was hoping for the violet ice cream above, but I don't get too much of that, just very dusty orris (like Staged Moon landing?) The lily of the valley adds a distinctively pompous white floral, but it's a bit of a sour/sweet one (as lily of the valley is). The vanilla cream on me is not too foody, but this turns out to be more of a dry, powdery dusting powder on me instead of violet ice cream. Hope springs eternal and I'll wait for that someday, but this is still ok. I don't think I'm as head over heels as I hoped I'd be.

Wet: Baby powder and lillies.

Dry: There's something oddly sweet about this; it's more of an artificially-sweet kind of scent, rather than something naturally sweet. Still a bit of a baby powder scent, but not as much as the wet stage. A light scent of lily remains as well.

I think this is actually nice, even with the baby powder going on(blaming you, orris root). Just not bottle worthy for me. ;)

edit: Okay, it's morphing on me again. It now smells similar to Dr. Choward's Violet mints.

Edited by donkehpoo

I see Cabbage Whites all over the place in the summer, so I liked seeing them come up in the series.

Early on, this is dusty white orris and lily of the valley, with a touch of vanilla. The lily doesn't turn to soap.

After drying, it goes more creamy on me, and reads as a creamy talcum powder touched with vanilla, orris, and violet.

I also find something artificial about some of this blend's sweetness. It combines with the orris to feel like a store-bought powder, though a pleasant one. The perfume feels baby powder-adjacent during its wet phase, and closer to a calm and creamy talcum powder once dry.

Iris is one of my favorite scents, so I was really excited to try this one.

in imp: sweet, fragrant iris with something slightly earthy, pungent, and sweet

wet: i had to slather to smell it, it's a little musky, little sweet floral, a little funky earth and some creaminess

drying down: sweet, creamy, buttery floral, its a rounded, sweet iris scent, with some muskiness, i would totally describe this as sweet iris butter - surprisingly the vanilla doesn't amp on me - usually my skin will take any sweet note and run crazy with it, no soap yet either

final: very light, sweet, creamy, powder with a little plasticky undertone.

I like this, but it is a very quiet, close scent.

Edited by biggnerd

I'm honestly not totally sure what to make of this.

Imp: I had a brief moment of wondering if this is mis-labeled, since there was something almost cacao-y about the dusty cream scent of this.

Short term: My first reaction was that it was vaguely creamy-soft, which isn't... very useful. On more consideration, I decided that it was mostly the orris, with faint hints of lily of the valley. To me, it feels both a little powdery and creamy all at once, which shouldn't be possible, but there you are.

Long term wear: Stayed pretty much the same, settling into a powdery-creamy-faintly floral, kinda sweet scent. It feels blended and is pretty in a way that reminds me more of mainstream perfume than anything else. It's very inoffensive and wouldn't feel out of place on a tween or a grandmother... which means it's not at /all/ my style, as I tend to eschew classically pretty scents. It's been years, and this is without the alcoholic or sharp edge but something about it puts me in mind of Chanel No 5?

This smells like sweet, powdery violets on me. I am not familiar with orris, so perhaps that is what is going floral. It reminds me of violet candies.

First Sniff: Lily, the white orris, and soft powder.

Initial Wet Application: Clean lily.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): This is lovely and fresh, but I’m worried it’s going to fade. The orris and lily kept this soft and gently sweet. Once it dried completely there was a little creamy vanilla, but it was faint.

My Reaction: I liked this, it was gentle and freshly sweet. However, it was too light and faded too quickly. I wish the vanilla cream would have been stronger!

Rating: 2

i was super excited to try this, since i love iris scents. first off i smell the orris butter and vanilla, it is waxy as someone said above. like iris/orris with cream. it's pretty powdery, and gets even more powdery when the orris root peeks out of the scent. it's very spring-y, with the iris. i don't seem to get a lot of lily. the scent gets more creamy as time goes on, as the vanilla gets more pronounced. i really like this one! never thought i'd smell a creamy/vanilla-y iris scent. :heart:

Call me old fashioned, but I really like orris type and/or violet blends. Definitely powdery orris, it smells sheer and gauzy, like a flowing nightgown on a cool, moonlit night. Kind of reminds me of Staged Moon Landing. I like this, and will keep the decant.

Cabbage White on me is powdery orris and lots and lots of lily of the valley.  The vanilla cream is gentle and not prominent.  The cream note is not always well-behaved on me, but this one is subdued; if you like all the notes except for dairy here, it shouldn't deter you.  This old fashioned floral isn't my kind of perfume and was generously gifted to me; I'm glad I got to try it but will be passing on this decant.