LiberAmoris

The Queen of Love

O Venus, beauty of the skies,
To whom a thousand temples rise,
Gaily false in gentle smiles,
Full of love-perplexing wiles;
O goddess, from my heart remove
The wasting cares and pains of love.

Red rose petals, benzoin, honey myrtle and ambrette seed.

The Queen of Love smells like a classic BPAL, like Persephone or Spellbound, something unified through the prism of red rose. Red rose is the dominant note on me, closely followed by benzoin. The honey myrtle adds both a honeyed and a honeyed floral note, and the ambrette throws a musky blur over everything. It's a resiny (incensey), red rose, musky, honeyed blend, managing to be sexy, comforting, and nostalgic in equal measures. So glad I picked this up, it definitely telegraphs Venus but also love in so many dimensions. :D

I mostly get rose and benzoin, with more benzoin as it wears. The honey myrtle and ambrette seed sweeten the benzoin and rose, and I am not able to pick these two notes out individually. It's a nice rose/benzoin blend and I am glad I got a decant of it. I will have to try it a few more times to find out if I'll go for a full bottle.

This is glorious, warm Honeyed Rose love on me. I do feel like the Queen of Love when I wear it. Good throw and long-lasting, too.

Bottle-worthy for sure.

Wet: Rose and honey. There's an overall muskiness to the blend as well.

Dry: The honey has sweetened up a bit, and it's the more dominant note over the rose. (The rose hasn't gone soapy, at all, which I'm usually worried about.) Still an overall muskiness going on, and I dig it.

One of the nicer BPAL rose blends I've tried!

I could swear there's sandalwood in here, the most beautiful soft musky kind. Must be the combination of other notes that creates this illusion. The rose is so pretty, like the waft from a rose bush, not at all sharp. The honey is also soft. I love this scent; it's like a warm hug from the loveliest woman.

i looooooooove this one. it feels like an Indian-style musky rose attar. I'm a big fan of the lab's roses and ambrette notes, and this scent flaunts them wonderfully. the throw is enough to reach out and invite neighbors in closer. it's lasts and lasts. with some rose perfumes, the rose element fades after a few hours, but the queen of love's roses never quit, never falter. gorgeous!

This has a fresh feel to the scent (slightly minty) with warm roses and a golden honey feel, it is quite heady and there's a slight medicinal note to it (maybe the benzoin). This doesn't really change and remains the same 1.5 hours later. Medium throw, long wear length. 

Mmmm musky, almost heady roses. There's something a bit syrupy about it too. This is definitely a va-va-voom regal scent.