Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

First began to fly
Fornjót's sons ill-shapen.

One of Fornjót's sons, Lord of the Winds, whose descendants came to rule Finnlandi and Kænlandi. White pear, dandelion sap, and champaca blossom, chilled by a gust of white musk.

When I first smelled this, fresh from the mail box, the pear was prominent and sweet, while the champaca was nowhere to be found. Now Kari has had a few days to settle and she's quite a different moon beast.

The pear is still present, but it's drier, crisper, and less sweet, almost like a dry pear cider. Perhaps it's the white musk giving it this effect. It makes the fragrance feel unisex and astringent. The champaca blossom has definately made it's presence known. It's well balanced with the other notes, adding just a tendril of incense to this cool and airy blend. Champaca can smell almost soapy to me sometimes, and that's the vibe I get here. Kari smells clean, mysterious, austere. I really, really like it actually. Very glad I snapped up a bottle of this one.

I'm curious to see if the notes continue to reorganize themselves, and if I'll ever get more dandilion sap. ,

So, being a fruity fan, I figured the pear would fit in well with my other fruity smells. It ends up smelling like a sweet, old lady perfume on me. I think the sap rounds this out much like Strawberry Moon, where it's not overpowering, just grounding. The champaca smells like fancy soap, and the musk isn't doing much for me. Overall, this is really light. I have to get next to my skin to smell it. Kinda clean, kinda soapy, kinda grandma-ey. Actually, reminds me a bit of laundry. I think there's a laundry softener with a similar smell.

Edited by Carrie

Wet: Dandelion sap is standing out, with a little champaca blossom as well. The champaca blossom is coming off borderline soapy to me.

Dry: Champaca blossom took over! Nothing soapy about this anymore, but it is very "clean" smelling. Dandelion sap is still around, and there's now a faint touch of pear. (Nothing prominent about the pear, at all, though. You'd really have to look for it to find it.)

I like it! I'll enjoy my decant, but I don't think I'll upgrade to a big bottle.

When this first came in the mail it was pear first, then overwhelming champaca. Now that it's recovered a bit, it's entirely different.

Pear is there snuggling with champaca, and the dandelion lightens it and gives it a milky, sappy shadow. It's really well blended. Strangely, it smells familiar and I can't figure it out. The pear/champaca combo reminds me of khalkokorustes, but this has a more head-shoppy vibe at first, then turns slightly soapy. I'll have to do a side by side comparison later.

Edited by surlygurl

Wet: I couldn't resist dandelion sap plus white musk (both of which I am slightly obsessed with). Dandelion comes out strongest, with fresh sweetness from the pear (but I wouldn't be able to pick out pear if I hadn't been told it was there). There's depth to this, but I can't really pick out the musk or champaca yet either.

Dry: Mild, slightly clean, green dandelion. I don't want to call it soapy, because really it's not, but for sure it's clean. I like it, but it's so light and has almost zero throw on me. I will likely use my decant in a bottle, but can't see getting more.

White musk, champaca blossom, and a whiff of dandelion sap. This is a very clean musk scent, with tinges of white florals. It's got a very frozen aesthetic going on. Medium throw and wear length.

I really used to dislike white musk, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying it in small quantities due to the feeling of 'cleanness' in warm weather and that I probably could get away with it at work. Here it's clean white musk and some champaca. Not really getting pear and dandelion, though it could be adding to the blend that I'm not aware of. I'll use up the imp on warmer days, which seem to have disappeared for the time being..