Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?

Blackened oudh, leather, labdanum, and oakmoss.

While obviously this is a blend that will benefit from a few months or even a couple years in the closet, obviously I wanted to investigate it immediately upon arrival. And this is a lot .... *fresher* than I expected from the notes. At a distance, there's an ammoniac funk that I am almost certain is the leather note, and it's very similar to what I get from jasmine. But held close to my nose, the funk is almost not noticeable and it's fresh and airy. I cannot particularly smell the oakmoss or the labdanum, but the woody-incense oudh is definitely there at the bottom layer - it's the last note my nose picks up. There is a decent amount of throw, and you don't need much.

Will have to review again at a later date, because this almost definitely is going to change with age.

I get absolutely no leather, which for a leather-lover like me is disappointing

instead it's fresh and airy like the person above said.

there are moments it smells floral ... or medicine-y...at arm's length it smells like my nemesis Rose

oudh is the only note I can pick out, and not constantly

My first sniffs are greeted by a well tempered oudh and a moss that smells gently of evergreen. The notes begin to blur together and the whole thing becomes sort of dusty wood. This smells foresty, but not in the typical bpal way. As it wears, I begin to notice the labdanum on the back end when I inhale very deeply. The note isn't as sweet as I'm used to though, and I get almost a peppery sassafras vibe from it. I don't get any obvious leather, but there's a warmth holding everything together. This blend is very masculine on me.

Proverbs 24:11-12 is interesting, and though it's not what I would normally wear, I think I'll hold on to the imp and see where this one goes in a few months. If you are an oudh connoisseur and like foresty/woody blends, this one might be to your liking.

Edited by VetchVesper

Watery oudh and oakmoss, with a whiff of leather on the drydown. Honestly, I think oudh hates me. It just doesn't smell pleasant to me. Great throw and wear length, of course.

HARD PASS.