Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Wool-warm red sandalwood, coconut, strawberry, and blackcurrant.

[early impressions here. just received my bottle a couple days ago. will update & test again once it's aged some.]

in bottle: rich and fruity, but not so foodie that you want to eat it.

wet on skin: still a bit fruity, but the sandalwood has begun to kick in.

dry down, 1 hour later: ah, there's the sandalwood. in fact, there's no sign of the fruit at all on me.

--------

i like it so far, but i love sandalwood.
i am curious to see how it ages and if that keeps the sandalwood from overpowering on me, or if it let's the fruit come out.

it does have a lot of throw, not one i can wear to work, since the boss is sensitive to smells.

my fiance walked into the room as I tried my first small test and could instantly smell it once he crossed the threshold...
fiance: "woah! which one's that?"
me: "one of the Activism scents."
fiance: "That's some strong activism."

On wet, straight after arrival and rather warm from the heat of the day: red fruits. This smells a bit like pomegranates, which I think is the strawberry and blackcurrant together. It does have some pretty strong throw at first, so I wouldn't wear this in a confined space or a crowd.

Initial drydown: the red fruits have stepped back a lot, but are still present. Sandalwood is coming forward, along with an almost coconut wood backing.

Later drydown: In this heat, my skin is eating through this one quickly. It ends as a soft skin musk with a touch of warmth from the sandalwood.

In the bottle

Fruity sandalwood, mainly sandalwood and strawberry. There's also a little hint of coconut if I let it linger in my nose, but fruity sandalwood is what I really get.

Wet on skin

Less strawberry, more currant, more sandalwood, but also more like everything has been warmed up in the sun for a while. The sandalwood takes center stage within the first couple of minutes, so we'll see what happens once this has been on my skin for a while.

Dry on skin after 30 minutes

This is still more sandalwood than fruity, but the fruits and coconut keep this from smelling like a lumber yard on my skin. This really does smell like wood and fruits that have been warmed in the sun, perhaps with some coconut on the side. The coconut almost gives it a vanilla-ish twinge at times.

Thoughts

This one is interesting. I don't dislike it, but it's not one of my immediate favorites. It's growing on me the longer I wear it. Not sorry I bought the bottle, and I will continue to wear it. This could be good for all genders.

Wet: Very warm sandalwood and strawberry. The strawberry isn't overly sweet or candy-like at all; I would say it's more like a strawberry that's been sitting outside on a hot day.

Dry: Disappointing; the strawberry is gone, and it's basically just a warm sandalwood scent now.

I'll hold on to the decant to see how it ages, but won't be upgrading to a bottle purchase.

I tried Matthew 18:10 largely on the strength of the first review. I wanted that strong activism! And I loved the idea that in an hour there was no sign of the fruit. Of course, I got fruit and lots of it -- rich dark-red berry. I don't get much in the way of throw, which is sadly the way of my skin, and although the warm wooly sandalwood does emerge, it is still primarily a fruit scent on me. Glad I tried it, though!

I blind bottled this on a whim, as I am obsessed with red sandalwood, and I love coconut and blackcurrant...strawberry is really iffy on me though.

Wet: Ooooh this is gorgeous immediately. The red sandalwood is warm and glowing and gorgeous - the same red sandalwood of Sinus Amoris, which is what I hoped. It's actually amazing with the bright, tart fruits. This isn't too sweet at all, as the strawberry is of the fresh variety and not candy like, like I often find it. I don't get any coconut, however I think it adds to the overall warmth of the red sandalwood. This is really unique, and so so good so far.

Dry: This doesn't really morph, it remains a glorious combination of warm glowing red sandalwood and woody coconut, with tart juicy fruit. It's an unexpectedly amazing combination. I immediately slathered this all over me. This is an instant stand out - I have nothing like this in my collection. I should likely grab a backup. So glad I tried this, it's so unique. I love that Beth can still surprise me after all this time. <3

Red sandalwood, coconut, and a whiff of fruits. This one I get coconut husk as opposed to coconut meat. It's got that coconut hairyness to it which amps up undertones in the sandalwood. Good throw and wear length.

So much fruit!

This was all currants and strawberries on me at first.

In drydown, it developed a bit of woody coconut and sandalwood, and the fruit became a less fruit-specific, general fruitiness.

Not my kind of blend, but I enjoyed trying it.