Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[c]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Go and do likewise: golden amber and saffron, white sandalwood, and clove.

This is gorgeous, warm and spicy, the clove and amber take center stage here. There's something in there that reminds me of Dr. Pepper without it actually smelling like Dr. Pepper, if that makes any sense. It's long lasting and just so wonderful.

This to me is the classic bpal amber with the oooomphy deliciousness amped up to eleven. The spice is subtle and adds complexity. This is rounded and big and gawgeous. I feel almost guilty getting so much happiness from a perfume formulated in dire times, in response to federal government atrocities. May the ugly reality we're fighting against also end so beautifully. This has a low throw, but it's warm and strong in the tiny perfume aura. Lasted a few hours only but I gotta confess, the review is based upon testing it immediately after the post office handed it to me. It's a beauty that fans of bpal amber will adore and slather.

Free the individuals and families locked up in cages! Abolish ICE! No human is illegal! Seeking asylum is not a crime! All power to the people!

In the bottle: Spicy clove, saffron, and resin-y goodness, with the amber being far more prominent than the sandalwood to my nose. Yaaaaaaaas. This is even better than I had imagined. :wub:

Wet: The clove is the most prominent note on me, followed by the amber, saffron, and then, the sandalwood. This is a spicy clove, perhaps the Indonesian variety that was released as a single note (I no longer have the decant to compare), as it does have a bit of a cinnamon-y vibe to it.

Dry: This is primarily an amber and clove scent. The clove remains the most prominent note near the crooks of my elbows, but on my wrists, the cozy, golden amber reigns. I can still smell the saffron, and the sandalwood is stronger than it was before, but the amber and clove are the stars here.

After several hours of wear, what remains is a lovely golden amber.

Verdict: I am so happy to have a bottle of this! :wub2: This is one of my favorite Activism scents so far. It’s a really nice spicy resin scent, so if that’s your thing, grab a bottle. You’ll smell amazing, and it’s for a cause that still needs support even though media attention is dwindling.

If you love amber and clove, do not pass on Luke 10:25-37! This is gorgeous, with golden amber as strong here as it is in Inez. The clove follows closely behind, and the white sandalwood and saffron trail. And it truly smells golden to me, the kind of scent that plunges quickly into 'skin scent' territory, but not before drowning one in sticky, chewy, resiny, nearly caramelly amber for a good two hours of decadent bliss.

Another perfectly gorgeous scent from the Deliver series! I could almost cut and paste dementia_divine's review because Luke 10:25-37 behaved very similarly on my skin. The clove was the strongest note on me, followed by the amber; under them I could faintly make out some earthy saffron and sandalwood. And late drydown, a few hours in, is all sweet golden amber on me as well. This is a lovely, warm, comforting scent, and it will be beautiful in the fall and winter. It wears close to the skin (as most scents do on me) and lasts a long time.

This scent is so comforting and cuddly. On me, the amber is the main player, and it feels like the sandalwood has been wrapped around it giving a light hand. The saffron is more prominant to my nose than the clove, but the clove may be hiding underneath giving a bit of a spiced twist.

This may be the first scent I buy a back up bottle of, because I'd be so sad to run out of this. I think it works well for all seasons (even summer!), which is a winner for this fall/winter scent lover.

it’s good. i smell rich.

like.

i smell like it’s the year 500BCE and i’m made of money.

and or maybe i’m a very lazy djinn or a wizard's apprentice that just got sent to fetch very important expensive ingredients.

seconding the observation that it dries to a beautiful, skin-close golden amber. it's been on me for over twelve hours and i can still smell the amber.

i like it

i need it

i’m gonna get a bottle.

(now all it needs is oudh and honey. If there was a scent with those six notes and only those six, I'm pretty sure I would buy like ten bottles.)

Edited by sunreon

The spicy clove sends me straight to Yuletide thoughts initially and I tested this multiple times but didn't feel right until a cool, cloudy day. Dry on me the clove is much less intense and mixes with the saffron for a less distinctly festive spice, I agree with sunreon that this smells expensive. To me its not necessarily like a snooty expensive, but just grand and golden. The amber is just fantastic in this one. Perfect for chilly days.

In imp: amber, saffron, and clove - it's not a foody scent, more of a sweet plant scent. The saffron is the strongest note for me.

wet on skin: this is a soft scent, sweet ambery saffron is strongest with a sweet, slightly spicey clove. It's not a strong, aggressive spice, just a gentle tszuj to give it some depth.

dry: the clove comes forward more and lays around on the amber, there are some strands of saffron here and there, but it's not as strong. this is a warm, sweet, gently spicey scent.

final: beautiful sweet clove and amber.

Man, if this had some honey in it, it'd be amazing.

I layered Queen Butterfly over the final phase and it is pretty nice.

Luke is a gorgeous amber clove, with saffron giving it a light texture like golden threads woven into cloth.

I like clove but don't normally seek it out. However, this is a chase-worthy clove blend.

It smells like ancient, golden, spice-trade wealth.

Hod lovers, rejoice - this one's for you! While not precisely the second coming of Hod (or third, if we're counting Hod: Resurrected), it's very, very close. But whereas Hod has a marshmallowy vanilla note underneath the initial blast of spicy, clove-y carnation, in Luke, sandalwood provides the backbone - giving it a slightly drier, less sweet, more cologne-y feel. The sandalwood note smells exactly like a Chinese fan carved from sandalwood: soapy and clean. It's spicy, delicious, and delightful. I think fans of Alice, Morocco, and French Creole would also dig this.

In the Bottle:

Very dark and almost treacle-like without any trace of sweetness. I think I get the saffron strongly

On the Skin:

Clove and saffron, creating a strange combo almost like brandy and bandaids. The sandalwood starts to emerge fairly quickly to dry out the blend and elevate it by adding a thin woody sweetness.

On the Drydown:

Dries down to a sweet clovey amber with the dryness of the sandalwood keeping the blend interesting. The clove is light, just adding a touch of it's unique spiciness. I'd wear this in the 3 months of the year that are cooler

Dominant clove, so much yummy spicy clove/amber. It doesn't morph much, lasts a long time, and keeps a medium-throw. I'm loving it as a winter scent.

In the bottle: Warm, spicy, with a faint herbal/grass note that I assume is the saffron.

Wet: Gorgeous, gorgeous amber, rich and spicy and middle eastern-feeling. Unfortunately that lasts all of two seconds before….

Dry: Clove. Clove clove CLOVE. All clove, all the time. Like sticking your nose directly into a bottle of cloves. It's a very foody scent. The perfume has good throw and last, but... so much clove. Way too much for me. 

In the bottle: Clove is prominent, backed by amber and saffron. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's still mostly clove, with a hit of saffron and a hint of sandalwood. As it dries, the clove is still the most aromatic note, but I can still detect the saffron, and the sandalwood is becoming more prominent. The more it develops on my skin, the more this stays clove-prominent -- but not necessarily clove-dominant. What I mean is that the clove is the most easily detectable note, but the saffron and sandalwood aren't invisible. It's also ever-so-slightly sweet, so the amber's not gone, either. 

On me, this develops into a very nice spiced scent. It is probably the least sweet of all the very clovey scents in my regular rotation (Fledgling Raptor Moon, Sybaris, Ninth Lash, Wednesday's Child Is Full of Woe), but I wouldn't say there's anything bitter about the clove, either. 

After a few hours of wear, the amber does become more prominent, so it's a bit sweeter -- but I'd still call it a fairly neutral clove scent. 

Edited by torischroeder9

I  have a decant I purchased from an awesome fellow forumite.

Woah, spices! I thought it was cinnamon at first, but it's obviously the clove getting hot and steamy with the amber and saffron.

I totally pick up on how others get Dr. Pepper.

Sandalwood is usually a turn-off for me, and I do wish it was less prominent here.

Not perfect for me, but it's very interesting and I'm glad I gave it a try!

Reminds me of La Lugubre Gondola. Starts out quite dry clove on me, sweetens up a bit with the amber. Soft, resinous, very mildly sweet, wears close to the skin. Easy one to reach for.