Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The stranger did not lodge in the street; but I opened my doors to the traveler.

Rahat lokum, bitter almond, wild fig, and roasted hazelnuts.

In the bottle
The first thing I get is strong hazelnut. Strong, sweet, delicious hazelnut, but not quite gourmand. If I sniff more deeply I can also get fig, especially as I breathe out through my nose.

Wet on skin
I still get more hazelnut than anything else, and I'm not sad about that. I spent 15 years living in Oregon, I love hazelnuts. But this is more complex than simply hazelnut, thanks to the fig, and there's some other nuttiness in there too.

Dry on skin after 30 minutes
As this dries, it still retains a nutty base but there's something almost floral that peeks out from behind - not quite rosy, but close, and not sweet like a red or pink rose. Hazelnut is still dominant but warmer, less sharp. The fig ties everything together without making it sweet. It's almost spicy, but I can't detect anything specific.

Thoughts
This was the wildcard bottle out of the five that I purchased. I don't think I own any other hazelnut BPAL blends, and I didn't know what to expect with the other notes, especially the rahat lokum/Turkish Delight. But this is really lovely. When I was a little kid (as in preschool age), I lived overseas in the middle east and traveled to Thailand, and somehow this makes me think of traveling to far away places. This is warm and deep without being gourmand or buttery.

Complete opposite of Caity's experience.

Sweet hazelnut and lokum in the bottle and on application. Opens with some rose notes and almond extract, continues into rose candy with powdered sugar. I get some burnt tobacco as it dries, which is maybe supposed to be the wild fig? Finishes as the rose candy with powdered sugar. Dammit, I wanted the hazelnut. I don't like rose. :cry2:

The cause is so important, so I don't regret buying the blind bottle, but why, skin, why? Why you gotta do me like this?

I tried Job 31:32 today along with Romans 13:8. They seem to be related scents to me, and they are both brimming over with win. Sorry, Soupy Twist, but I got the Caity Cat experience. The opening was all roasted hazelnuts, reminding me of the roasted nuts of Himalia, which I adore. I'm not sure I could pick out the almond because the hazelnuts were pretty insistent. But the chewy dark fig nosed its way in, and the Turkish delight with a tiny hint of rosewater. Romans is the rose version of this theme, and Job is the hazelnut version, and hazelnut lasts much longer on me than almond does. Sweet, rich, nutty, but not totally foodie if that makes any sense. I think this will be a wonderful autumn scent as well. I got good throw (which is rare for my skin chemistry) when wet and really good wear length; I did reapply once today, but that was 10 hours ago and I can still smell it. I am just blown away by how beautiful, generous and open-hearted the Deliver scents are.

This is kinda beautiful. LOTS of hazelnut in the opening. I can smell the fig too though. The almond is present, but subdued. I feel like maybe there's a dash of rosewater in the lokum, but perhaps that's my imagination. It's just a lovely, powder dusted hazelnut.

Uh oh.... :/ My skin seems to be eating it now. It's been on less than an hour and it's becoming more hazelnut scented powder. Hopefully, with a bit of settling in, I'll get that opening for a bit longer. It's really different from other blends I've smelled, and the opening is so lovely, I really want this one to work.

Edited by VetchVesper

Wet: Almond and hazelnut! They're about 50/50 right now, neither is standing out more than the other.

Dry: In the battle of almond and hazelnut.. hazelnut won! There's definitely something reminiscent of Turkish delight I'm smelling, but it's faint.

I'd say it's a hazelnut Turkish delight, heavy on the hazelnut. It's nice, but I think I'll be fine with just the decant.

In the decant: Lots of almond and hazelnut, with some fig behind those notes.

Wet: The almond and hazelnut stand out to me the most. It makes me think of a glazed pastry. I am now regretting my decision of not eating some of the almond kringle I bought from Trader Joe’s for breakfast. :P Then, I get the fig behind those notes, as well as some rose-y Turkish delight. The blast of almond that I got before has already calmed down within a few minutes, and now the hazelnuts and rose-y rahat lokum are the main players, but the fig is not far behind.

Dry: This ends up being strong on the hazelnut, fig, and rahat lokum for a while before settling down into a warm hazelnut and Turkish delight scent that’s less rose-y than before with a calmer fig note.

Verdict: I wish the almond had decided to stick around longer, but it doesn’t normally last very long on me, so I am not surprised. In the end, this is nice, but the fig ends up being stronger on me than I would like it to be. It was really nice to be able to try this one, though!

I agree with Lucchesa (respectfully snipped,) 

On 7/22/2018 at 12:12 AM, Lucchesa said:

I tried Job 31:32 today along with Romans 13:8. They seem to be related scents to me, and they are both brimming over with win.

Both Romans 13:8 and Job 31:32 are sweet & complex, with more going on than the notes list would immediately suggest.

Job opens up with Nuts, and lots of 'em.  The hazelnut is intensely good.  It's the scent of hazelnuts right from the shell, with all the sweet, wood, & plant notes that make them so excellent.  I don't identify them as especially "roasted," which always seems to be a harsh thing to do to a hazelnut.  Almond is predictably strong at first, and then backs off.  The hazelnut lasts, long into dry down.  It is supported by the fig, and the sweetness of the Rahat lokum.  I didn't detect rosewater, but I don't miss it.  This one is all about the nuts for me.

Used up my decant, & bought a bottle.

I fell in love with this right away.  It’s a rich nutty blend with an underlying earthiness on my skin.  I’m having the experience of the absence of rose that some others have mentioned.  (Perhaps I haven’t let mine rest long enough.  I started using it right away.)  I’m okay without the rose because the earthy note (patchouli maybe?) tempers the sweetness and nuttiness for me.  If it appears later, I’m sure it’ll be lovely along with what I’m getting now.

Add me to the list of folks who got the Turkish Delight instead of the nutty experience of this scent. In the decant, I could pick out the fig, almond, and hazelnut, but shortly after applying, I got a huuuuge blast of rose candy (that also went a bit powdery on me, as rose often does) that was borderline overpowering. Well after drydown, the lokum calms down and the rich, nutty notes were able to get a word in edgewise, but the scent had faded pretty considerably on me by then. This one might not be for me, though I do want to see if the nutty notes develop differently after the decant ages a bit.