Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Minh Scent

Ultraviolet - Resurrected

These long-dead scents are back for a limited time in a slightly tweaked form!

Electrifying, mechanized and chilly the scent of crushed blooms strewn on cold metal. Lush violet and neroli spiked hard with eucalyptus and a sliver of mint.

I did not smell the original.

This starts with a big kick of eucalyptus and that is all I can smell for the first 5 minutes. The eucalyptus gradually fades and a very rich violet emerges. I cannot detect the neroli or mint, but in the final drydown, the neroli comes to play briefly with the violet.

Never tried the original so I don't have a point of reference. But, out of the imp, this one scared me a little bit. Very medicinal, something very sharp. But once it goes on, it softens out and I get something besides Eucalyptus. Interesting!

Huzzah. I DO have an imp of the original from about 3 years ago, and I was quite disappointed when it was discontinued, so I happily snapped up a bottle of the resurrected version. I will now do my best to compare them properly, though the age difference along with simple bottle variation might be responsible for much of the differences in what I'm smelling.

The original Ultraviolet smells brighter to me, a little crisper. The mint is also more noticeable at first, so it smells a bit cooler and more metallic. They are still pretty darn similar though, and even more so as they dry down. The old blend seems a little smoother, the new a little bolder, but that could just be their age difference. I think if you liked the original, you will be pretty happy with this version.

As a general review for both - When I first smelled Ultraviolet, it smelled like a vial of cat pee. No joke. :eek: Something about that potent evergreen punching you right in the nose. Once it's had a moment to vent though, the eucalyptus starts to chillax and a tinge of mint in the background makes itself known. The whole effect is nose chilling and pleasantly medicinal. Once on the skin, the violet blooms. It's a clear, bright violet, and it balances well with the eucalyptus, making a truly interesting and unexpected blend. I don't really smell much neroli in either version, but I imagine it's adding a bit of fresh sweetness. I love this one as a sleep blend or just for when I want to feel calm.