Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Minh Scent

Bluebeard - Resurrected

These long-dead scents are back for a limited time in a slightly tweaked form!

A scent swirling with dark rage, unbridled jealousy, and murderous intent. Violet, lavender, white musk and vetiver.

(I did not smell original.)

This starts out so powerful and sharp, for a moment I thought I mistakenly ordered a eucalyptus scent. It is a very strong lavender that receeds quite quickly into a softer violet with a hint of musk and vetiver. Short lived, low throw except for entrance.

My imp is fresh from the lab. I haven't smelled the original either.

I thought "eucalyptus" too!

Lavender is one of my favorite scents, but this type and concentration is way too piercing and medicinal. Fortunately, within 10 minutes it has calmed way down.

Gradually the violets take over to become the dominant note. After drydown this becomes a violet scent accented by lavender. Very nice. I haven't noticed any musk or vetiver. I like white musk a lot, so I am hoping it will show up as the final lingering bottom note as it often does on me.

Later: It did. It's faint, but there. Along with a trace of violet. Still quite lovely, without any of the plastic tone that my skin often distorts scent into, near the end. A little powdery, but I'm fine with that. It's the white musk and is pleasant and subtle.

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose