Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Virgin, huntress, witch, holding the mysteries and powers of womanhood between her palms: vetiver, white pine, hay, Sicilian lemon, leather, and agarwood.

Beth continues to evolve as an artist. This collection is unique, and beautiful, complex, and stunning.

The hay is front and center, and I adore Beth's hay note, and it's here in all its glory, like you find in Hay Moon. I also find the light pine and lemon prickling beneath the hay. The huntress aspect of this scent is prominent, witch, secondary, and virgin, hmmm, not finding it. Definitely not a feminine fragrance.

Vetiver and leather, two problematic notes for me, but they aren't too prominent here. I like this but I'm not as enamored with it as some of the others in the collection. I'd like to smell this on a man. I also think it will get better with age. Needs cellaring.

Given how I amp sweet notes, this started off as "someone dropped a lemon jolly rancher in a pile of hay and pine needles, and they're debating whether to brush it off and stick it back in their mouth", but by the time I got to work (~1.5 hours into drydown), it's subdued and mellowed into mostly hay and leather and vetiver, with lemon weaving through it, lifting it all up.

I agree this one may need to age for a bit, but I kinda like what it seems to want to be.

So, I didn't pay close enough attention to The Moon Goddess's notes when I purchased decants. Wet, she's all vetiver, pine and lemon on me, with a little hay, sharp in a nice outdoorsy kind of way, plus I know those are all notes that are going to soften on me in drydown. Then I went about my business and forgot I was testing a new scent, and a couple hours later I was very puzzled to find that it had transformed into what smelled an awful lot like oud. I was pretty sure there was no oud in the ingredients listed. But it was hiding under one of its aliases: agarwood. I will definitely test this at least once more and pay more attention to the in-between stages, and I may well age the decant for a while to see if the oud settles down and if the leather ever emerges on my skin, but I was disappointed that that agarwood crowded out all those beautiful notes.

I get a mix of vetiver and hay, with just enough lemon in the background to be noticeable. There are other notes rounding it all out, I assume the agarwood and the leather, but I can't pick them out individually. It's pleasant and I'm surprised at how subdued the scent is.

Lemon, woods, with darker elements like pine, leather, and smoky vetiver. It smells dark and lemony. Medium throw and wear length.

Got this decant for my guy but I had to try it too. On me it is very woody, with lots of smoky vetiver. As it fades I get a bit of lemon to brighten and freshen the blend. On my guy its a base of leather and woods, soft and warm. The hay is prominent making it soft and dusty (in a good way) with a good dose of bright lemon.

A golden shower.

By that I mean.... yeah. Wet, it's... pee. Oh no. Animal pee cleaned with Pine Sol. How did this happen.

Dry... still Pine Sol but it's mellowed somewhat. Astringent and green. Big green clean. Softening into a flowery air freshener type of smell. The dollar-store plastic-tub type of air freshener that I got from Ranger as well. I wanted to test the waters on Pine again after Ranger rolled a critical fail on me, and this is finally proving once and for all that pine just won't work.

Eventually the pine recedes entirely and is replaced by a sweet soft hay, a nice veer from something that started out fairly awful on me. The agarwood reads as Oud but a much mellower version than, say, Urd. It quickly dries down into something much more flowery (a white flower note like gardenia), with the soft leather beneath it. The lemon might be what's continuing to pee on my leg here.

I can read each note once I know what I'm looking for -- but combined into a single blend it reads as fairly standard-catalog women's perfume. The end result just isn't working for me at all. To the swaps with ye.