Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The mystery of divine virginity, insemination, and the cradle of all birth. Fertility, wise counsel, and the gift of true wisdom.

Gleaming amber and copal with white sage and sheer juniper.

Beth continues to evolve as an artist. This collection is unique, and beautiful, complex, and stunning.

SAGE and AMBER!!! Who knew they could be so gorgeous together. Sexy as all get out, resinous but bright, the juniper adding to the herbal brightness without going soapy. She's really soft, though. I want more throw from this, it's just so gorgeous!

This would be a great scent when you want to smell amazing up close and personal for a special someone.

Sage and amber! This is a bright, herby resin. It's very pretty, and such a unusual combination. Sage tends to amp up on me, but then I get a hint of juniper over an amber base. Gorgeous. Medium throw and wear length.

Clean, soft, inoffensive office scent. Which sound like damning with faint praise but actually isn't - there aren't many "clean" scents I can wear without smelling like detergent (curse you, aquatic notes) or dish soap (citrus oils hate me), so having an unobtrusive office-friendly scent that isn't floral or vanilla to add to my weekday rotation will be nice.

There's a slightly funky aspect to it in the wet stage, but it very quickly settles down into a light clean/spa-like skin scent, slightly herbal and sweetened just a bit by a soft/light amber. The juniper in this is indeed sheer, adding a hint of extra clean/freshness to the sage rather than making you smell like gin. I was expecting this scent to be similar to L'Idole, the other amber/juniper scent I've got, but there's barely any resemblance - it's not nearly as sharp or strong as L'Idole.

Low throw (which is good for an office scent, though) and shortish wear length. By hour two it's all but gone, just a nose-to-the-skin hint of it left.
In my hair, there's a slight smoky hint that doesn't show up on my skin - possibly this is due to the copal? I haven't worn many scents that include that note, my usual go-to incense note is frankincense.

a sleek and lanky amber anointed and washed with juniper. some ambers feel like syrupy labdanum, but this feels closer to frankincense tears to me. very light touch of non-smokey sage. this is a bright and happy resin blend. light and bright, not at all heavy. it's pretty on its own, but I wear it layered with the pillars as the combo sets me in a magical space.

"Sheer juniper" is a great way to describe this. The Crescent Moon smells pure, clean, and slightly astringent to me, like a pale, hazy green. There's a sweetness to the scent too, from the amber, and a certain depth. I do not get sexy from this scent. Rather, it feels ephemeral and holy to me. Kind of a weird description, but it's what I get. It's not really foresty. I could actually almost see this being a cool, herbal gin cocktail. Different from my usual type of scent and unusual in and of itself. I haven't decided if I like this one or not. It's interesting.

Edited by VetchVesper

Wet: Very light on the skin; it's smelling about 50/50 sage and juniper.

Dry: Very, very similar to the wet stage. The juniper might be a touch stronger now, but that's it. Sage/juniper combo. It makes me think of a super-luxurious soap or something. (.. minus the soap part.)

It's not bad, I'm just really not sure if I want to smell like this.

Short version: My experience with Crescent Moon is similar to VetchVesper's, plus copal.

Longer:

I love amber and sage, but I was initially going to skip this one because copal and juniper are iffy for me. In early reviews, amber and sage seemed to be the main players, so this went on my list. But my experience has been more like later reviews, where juniper is stronger. Plus copal.

Freshly applied, this shows a shimmering juniper: cool, herbal, a bit ginny, slightly blue but mostly green. It's astringent, at first bordering on medicinal, but that quality settles down soon. The coolness is whitened with sage and sweetened with amber.

And, hey? I pick out a copal hint. I had thought that note would ghost.

After drydown, Crescent Moon morphs on me into a copal-dominant blend. And... it's gorgeous. Copal usually smells earthy, woody, and slightly smoky to me. What I smell here is like that, but leans woody, and even reminds me just a bit of the wood blend in Magician's Wand. I'm having none of my usual trouble with copal here.

I'm delighted that copal and juniper both work for me here. And I have nothing else quite like this mix. It's dualistic, with a shining, herbal, green, and fresh opening that morphs on my skin into a calm, lightly sweet, woody-brown base that's both comforting and spiritual. The juniper and sage are an initial wake-up, and then the copal shifts it to a spiritual mood. Fitting for a crescent moon.

Edited by Casablanca

Sadly, the Crescent Moon is not working well with my chemistry. It’s quite high-pitched and a little soapy on me, as if some white musk and aquatic notes had wandered into the mix. I need to go through my spreadsheet to see if my skin has reacted this way to copal in the past. I’m not getting identifiable amber, which would usually dominate drydown on me, and only the faintest hint of sage and juniper. Strange because these notes should have been gorgeous.

The Crescent Moon fits nicely with the theme of lunar scents. Definitely gleaming, it’s a very spa-like cool fresh scent, while also retaining a sacred resinous vibe. I was hoping for more copal, but am getting mostly juniper, amber, and a thread of fresh sage. I have a feeling it will deepen a bit with aging. 

I am thrilled to have this refreshing scent and can imagine myself out at night under the sliver of the Moon, journaling and meditating and breathing deeply. 

Lovely, clean, bright, shining light. 

Upon re-application, the initial brightness definitely contains the copal, but it seems to back away in the drydown. The amber steps forward in strength. 

Edited by artisjok

I keep rediscovering and re-falling in love with this scent. It goes on very clean, almost powdery/soapy, to the point that I feel a tinge of apprehension (juniprehension?) and regret (ambregret? ...I’ll stop) whenever I first swipe it on my wrist. It mellows immediately into something sweet and inoffensive and I go about my day.

The real magic comes once it settles a bit. The copal bumps up the resinous aspect of the amber, the juniper warms into something nearly cedaresque, and the sage does whatever sage does.  It’s very smooth and well-blended, and is an excellent compromise between woodsy and office safe. It’s like what the village witch would wear to her court date. Enchanting but approachable. 

Edited by sailthetethys

Mostly juniper and sage with a strong amber layer. Cool and sleek with mild gritty herbs beneath. No copal for me. A Bath & Body Works type summer scent.