Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Witch’s Tea Party

From Facebook: Witch's Tea Party is a lilac-dappled earthy green tea

This one is one of the more interesting Lilith creations. I get whiffs of lilac and green tea, but there is a citrusy floral in this, and overall it actually reminds me to a perfume in my youth. It's got that blooming floral citrus freshness with a bit of muskiness in the drydown. I can't put my finger on which commercial perfume this reminds me to but I'll edit the review once my brain pings me. Needless to say, because of that scent association, it makes me think of a young teenage girl. This is like the scent of middle school. Great throw and wear length.

I cannot imagine how but this goes unbelievably masculine on me. Pure aftershave, cologne. The lilac is buried somewhere under the cologne but it really is smothered. I get no green tea. I would love this on my husband if he would wear it but it doesn’t work on me as I do not favor masculine scents.

In the bottle: This is very cologne-like. The boy agrees. The note that jumps out at me is the bourbon vetiver, an herbal-smelling variety (like in Wulric, the Wolfman and Bram Stoker). I was a little afraid of this scent because Puddin’ mentioned it containing vetiver, but there’s no BBQ-y vetiver here.

Wet: Bourbon vetiver and green tea leap out at me and make me smell like I just doused myself in cologne. Then, the lilac emerges, adding a bit of floral sweetness to the scent, and I think there may be some moss in this as well. It veers into soapy territory on me -- fancy soap, but soap nonetheless. As it begins to dry, I get some sharp citrus (perhaps bergamot) and a white floral note. There’s a creaminess to the floral note.

Dry: Citrus-y floral, what I think could be a light musk, green tea, some sweet lilac, possibly some moss, shot through with the herbal, bourbon vetiver. It’s still somewhat cologne-like but not as strongly masculine as before.

Verdict: On one hand, I am glad the vetiver isn’t the smoky variety. On the other, the wet phase was a little too masculine on me and also went into soap territory. The dry phase is better, but not really my cup of tea. I am going to hold on to this a little longer and retest it in a few weeks, but at the moment, I am thinking The Witch’s Tea Party may not be for me.

tumblr_ou6yxfEd3j1snusg4o1_540.gif

omg so grateful to lilith and puddin for brewing this potion and for puddin for puttin' it up on the ol' etsy.

I'm familiar with each of the notes listed in real life forms and as perfume elements in other bpals (and vetiver in EO form), but this blend stands out as being its own thing, not really playing like any of the players. this is very much a high class super tough glam scent, like angelica huston in witches or as morticia addams, maybe rosi de palma in latex (someone please layer this with the latex SN or a leather scent). very very expensive, refined, high class snooty department store concoction but with something sinister underneath...that, uh, actually reminds me of childhood summer camp bug repellent (yes, that sounds like a backhanded thing to say but I do mean it in the best possible way as I love this scent)

there is, as ZZ mentioned above, something also nostalgic about it. I grew up with lilac bushes all around me so perhaps it's this that does also signal "teenage girlhood." but this teen girl reads a lot and pets cats and wolves and sneks and spiders and is a keen obvserver and makes art her parents kinda wonder if they should worry about.

bravo, Lilith, bravo.

tumblr_pan17p5gdA1x5540co1_540.gif

Light, sweet, fresh, green. Joy, happiness, innocence, energy. Brings to my heart a lovely nostalgia for my childhood on a hot summer afternoon when my dad showered, shaved, and put on cologne before going to a family wedding reception.

in the bottle i get the cologne scent. i actually did a double take cause i knew what notes to be expecting and my initial impression was that this smelled like pure tobacco, a high fizzy light almost aquatic and def cologney tobacco.

freshly on it turned soapy but sweetish, which is normally a turn off to me but i like it. my mom described it as irish spring but better which is accurate imo. the two notes play very well together. i don’t ever get a strong sense of green tea or lilacs, they blend seamlessly. 

as it dries the harsh soapiness in the throw burns off into a grassy fresh purple dappled green. i think it would work best as a layering note or would work very well as an office/interview type neutral but calming scent. 

Edited by DiZZysTARdust