Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sugared apples, honey booberries, and sweet cream.

In the bottle: I can smell all of the notes in the bottle. It's a creamy, sugared apple and blueberry scent.

Wet: I get the sugared apple and sweet cream notes first, and then the honeyed blueberry emerges. I am actually surprised I was not hit with a blast of it upon application, as the blueberry note was quite strong in the bottle. I'm not usually fond of berry notes in perfume, and I think the only scent with blueberry in it that I've enjoyed so far is Blueberry Picking. But I adore apple scents, so I really wanted to try this one. It's sweet, but not as sweet as Blue Lollipops or Blueberry Cream Pie. I feel like the sweet cream has been draped over the sugared apple and honeyed blueberries, and it smells lovely. It's almost like one of those swirled Lifesaver lollipops. Almost. But the fruits are definitely sugared and honeyed and not straight-up apple or blueberry candy.

Dry: Creamy, sweet apple and blueberry. The scent is softer than before. I am in love with the sweet cream note. :luv2:

Verdict: This is even better than I had imagined! I'm glad I took a chance on this even though I was wary of the blueberry. It's a simple, fun, creamy, sugared fruit scent, and the artwork is adorable. I'm really happy to have a bottle. I can't thank my fairy enough for picking this up for me! :wub2:

Sugared apples and blueberries. This one is very fruit candy based and it smells most strongly on wet. The fruit sort of dissipates as it dries, and I get a whiff of creaminess on the drydown. This one is low throw and wear length on me. Sugary, fruity.

Low throw, short wear, but one of the only apple scents I would contemplate keeping around, as the apple is not the main event. Booberry cereal is the showstopper. It’s like I’ve doused myself in it for about twenty minutes, and then it fades into a whisper of a creamy, berry scent. Wish it lasted longer, but it is *dreamy* for a hot minute.

This reminds me of another bpal but I cannot recall what it is, like an itch I cannot scratch. This dries down to mostly honey and cream with the booberries being less berry and more boo. I actually quite like it so will probably be keeping my bottle but I do wish I could figure out what it reminds me of.

this has become a scent I go to every time I am not sure what to wear, had to grab a backup since I am actually wearing it a lot. If it sounds intriguing to you, buy it.

Edited by Deceitfuldescender

Wet: This scent reminds me of something.. but I have NO idea what. This is mainly sugared apples.

Dry: The vanilla cream has come out, and is the prominent scent! The sugared apples are in the background, but still hanging around enough to KNOW that they're there. Yum!

I need to do some comparisons with scents I already have; the wet stage reminds me of another scent, but the dry-down does not.

Super soft blueberry and apple with light sweet cream in the dry down. Very sweet and light. Too light for me. But a lovely scent. Love the label too though! It’s so cute!

Expectations: Come on, apples and cream, with some sweet berry thing? This is my jam sign me the ef up.

Sniff: Creamy pastry filling. Fruity sweet but with a light cream. Mmm.

Skin Wet: AH APPLE! CREAM APPLE! What is this.. This reminds me of ... aaaah it's an older scent I didn't have much of or long of. Something pink and creamy, was like a drink. WHATEVER moving on. 

Skin drydown: While WET was this big whap of apple cream yum. It QUICKLY went... acidic? Alcohol-y? Something off. No good. I've never smelled this in a BPAL before but it smells fake plasticy chemical. Then morphs into like... bad sunblock?

.. Sticking with bad chemicaly sunblock. You have no idea how devastated I am right now. I'm thinking something just isn't meshing right with me. I'm suspecting the cream? But.. I'm going to go cry now.

Verdict: Skin fail. My review is useless for most.

Edit: The air behind me as I walk smells like a FANTASTIC bakery of cream and sweet sugared fruits. But the air 1 foot around my arm smells like awful sunblock. The world is cruel.

Edited by Aveya

This arrived in the day before yesterday's post fresh from the Lab's Etsy. And this is my first review here on the forum!

In the bottle: First and foremost, I smell the apple. It's not the sugary apple I expected, but almost an acidic and dare I say apple-cider-vinegar-esque apple... As someone who loves vinegar in general, it's not unpleasant per se (nor nearly as strong as actual apple cider vinegar), but it's surprising and sharp in this context. It reminds me a little bit of the way Keogh's Sea Salt and Irish Cider Vinegar Crisps smell when you first open a bag: kinda sweet, kinda sour, weirdly delicious. I think it's the tartness of the apple playing tricks on my nose, though I'd definitely say this is a green apple. Underneath it I can smell the blueberry and sweet cream softening it and rounding it out.

Wet/top notes: As I suspected it would, the sharply acidic quality disappears the second this touches my skin and a lovely sour green apple candy scent dominates. It's not at all what I expected from "sugared apple", though I absolutely love it and it's giving me major nostalgia for this specific sour apple rock candy flavor I use to buy from the gift shop of a local science museum (MOSI for any of you Floridians) during summer camp field trips. Underneath it, I can still smell the blueberry and sweet cream tempering the sour apple's acidity. After about five minutes, the blast of sour green apple rock candy softens and the blueberry comes forward. I was a little worried the blueberry would either go too syrupy or disappear completely, but it's delicious and it is also giving me major nostalgic vibes--this time for the 90's Bonne Bell Blueberry Lip Smacker. Seriously, this is exactly like that blueberry: sweet, sugary, blue, and slightly waxy. The sweet cream is starting to get stronger, but so far, it's just been a sweet and creamy backdrop to this sugary, fruity walk down memory lane. It might be where the waxiness is coming from actually.

Dry down/middle notes: The apple has softened to more of a green apple Skittle scent (a sugared green apple instead of sour green apple) and taken a backseat to the blueberry and sweet cream. When I press my nose to my skin, I can still get a touch of that sour apple rock candy tempered by a little waxiness and cream, but for the most part, blueberry is the star now. It's still a Blueberry Lip Smacker and I am 1000% here for it. The sweet cream is also getting stronger. There's still a waxy quality that may be the Lab's cream note, so if you're someone for whom that goes plasticky, this might not be for you. The sillage is massive and nothing but a sweet and delicious vanilla cream cloud around me.

Dry/base notes: After about an hour, the sillage has decreased slightly and the apple has disappeared along with the hint of wax. I'm getting mostly a sweet and creamy scent with a touch of blueberry. It stays this way for about an hour. By hour 2 1/2, it turns into a sweet and creamy skin scent with a softly creamy sillage before fading completely by hour 4. Total wear time on me was about 3-4 hours. Not bad, though I wish it lasted a bit longer.

Verdict: I love this for obvious and personal nostalgic reasons. It's exactly the way I wanted to smell at Lilith's age and it's deeply appealing to my inner child. I get all three of the notes listed, though they (luckily!) blend well with my skin chemistry. I'm unsure how this will age, but I can see myself reaching for this regularly through spring and summer as a daytime or casual scent. If you're a lover of candy, fruity, or creamy scents, this is for you. If the Lab's cream note turns into plastic on you, avoid this.

On 4/10/2019 at 12:24 PM, Padparadscha said:

-this time for the 90's Bonne Bell Blueberry Lip Smacker. Seriously, this is exactly like that blueberry: sweet, sugary, blue, and slightly waxy. The sweet cream is starting to get stronger, but so far, it's just been a sweet and creamy backdrop to this sugary, fruity walk down memory lane. It might be where the waxiness is coming from actually.

I think this review nailed it. It's sweet, perfumey apples, berries, blue, and waxy. It gets a little less perfumey and the cream becomes more apparent. It's definitely elevated from a little kid scent, but I can see it being very evocative for a lot of people.

Weird, I did not detect any of these notes but blueberry. It went boozy on me? Blueberry alcoholic drink is what I kinda got, maybe a touch of whipped cream. No apples :cry2:

I'm a sucker for blueberries so this is for sure a keeper, I'd have just liked the apples too.