Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Mouse’s Long and Sad Tale Soap

Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.

The Mad Tea Party collection is what made me fall down the rabbit hole and discover the world of BPAL, and it is also the GC collection with the most scent wins for me. Since I obtained a bottle of the amazing creamy, sugared sweet pea hair gloss that is I Suppose You are a Princess, I've been reaching for my bottle of Mouse's Long and Sad Tale perfume oil more than ever before.

Needless to say, this was the new soap I was most excited for of the three new ones! :joy:

This soap was made for the Black Phoenix Trading Post by Bakermancy. Those that avoid buying products that contain palm oil will be glad to hear that it is palm oil-free. However, it does contain silk, so this particular bar isn't vegan-friendly. I believe Puddin' had mentioned offering both silk and silk-free versions, so that may still be happening, but the ones at the booth were the silk versions.

Here are the ingredients: Olive Oil, Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Distilled Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Silk Peptide, Purple Brazilian Clay, Titanium Dioxide, Pink Brazilian Clay, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Fragrance.

The bar is a 4.6 oz bar.

Unlike Dirty soap, this one does not contain any exfoliating bits.

It creates a lot of lather, and I think the bar will last a long time.

It smells strongly of the amber, sweet pea, white sandalwood, and light vanilla glory that is Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. :dance:

And I am happy to report that the scent lingers on the skin after showering. Huzzah! :D

I am so, so happy that this was made into a soap, and I hope that the Trading Post makes this one available for a long time, as I need more than one bar in my life. :wub2:

All those beautiful notes, and my bar didn't smell like any of them. Just plain unscented soap. Both when I unwrapped the bar and sniffed it, and when I washed with it.

Was it the batch I got, or was my nose malfunctioning?

I hope that the scent will come out when I get deeper into the soap. I've only used it once so far.

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

My bar didn't smell like anything, either. It was very thick and created a lot of lather, though. Compared to the French soap that I used before this, this one is creamier and I feel like it's more hydrating. Good quality, but it just... didn't really have a scent.

I've also only used it once. I'll update this post after I wash with it several more times.

ETA: Very moisturizing but still not very smelly.

Edited by RedPersimmon

Light vanilla and sweet pea, and whiffs of amber and sandalwood. This is a vaguely vanilla amber sandalwood. Good lather, good suds, no bits. Just nice and silky.

I got the version with silk. The bar is a light tan with pretty swirls. It lathers very thick and creamy, feels wonderful, and doesn't leave my skin dry. The scent is very faint, mostly a slightly sweet vanilla. It's comforting.

Edited by mistressfizz

I, too, had a bar that barely smelled like anything. I was going to chalk it up to aging it for 2 years. I seemed to remember smelling it through the packaging when it initially arrived, so I was surprised when it hardly smelled like anything when I used it last month. But the quality of the soap actually impressed me. It lasted for quite a while, suds up nice, and didn't leave a residue.