Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Anne Bonny Soap

A blend of Indonesian red patchouli, red sandalwood, and frankincense.

This soap was made for the Black Phoenix Trading Post by Bakermancy. Those that avoid buying products that contain palm oil will be glad to hear that it is palm oil-free. However, it does contain silk, so this particular bar isn't vegan-friendly. I believe Puddin' had mentioned offering both silk and silk-free versions, so that may still be happening, but the ones at the booth were the silk versions.

Here are the ingredients: Olive Oil, Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Distilled Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Silk Peptide, Activated Charcoal, Dark Red Brazilian Clay, Pink Brazilian Clay, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Fragrance.

The bar is a 4.5 oz bar.

Anne Bonny is not an exfoliating soap.

The soap creates a lot of lather and leaves my hands feeling really soft!

This is probably the most strongly scented of the three new soaps, with the red patchouli being the note that stands out in particular. (Side note: I think all of the new soaps are stronger, scent-wise, than the ones made by for the Trading Post by Villainess.) I can still smell Anne Bonny really strongly on my skin after washing my hands with it, so I think this will make a lot of patch fans happy.

I'm glad I bought a bar and look forward to covering myself in Anne Bonny suds before wearing scents like Snake Oil and Revenant Rhythm (and of course, Anne Bonny herself)!

Frankincense, sandalwood and a whiff of patchouli. Anne Bonny is actually less aggressive as a soap than as a perfume on me. Smells like a nice clean patchouli blend.

Thanks to the lovely forumite for gifting me this soap!!  I remember being the oil much stronger, and probably wouldn't wear it out.  This smells like a mild patch soap.  I don't remember the colours being so cool, either.  As far as lather, no one beats my mom's soap, but this is pretty awesome too.