Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

So on wet, it has a very intense grape smell. Like High John the Conqueror grape intensity. It has a more oak dryness that comes through on the drydown, and mellows out to a nice grapey whiskey sort of smell. Medium throw and wear length.

I sort of enjoy how luxuriously boozy this blend is. On the other hand, do I want to pledge allegiance to an imp-only blend?

grape grape grape....it reminds me of grape bubblegum from my youth, almost exactly. after awhile i get some other hard to place notes. maybe a soft musk, also the grape itself softens quite a bit.

Wine. Or actually WINE!! I get an intense burst of something that smells like the Zadok Allen Vineyard, just heavy grape with maybe some oak or darker elements in there. This may be a little sweeter than Zadok though.

This deepens into something super boozy and interesting on me, maybe a bit musty in a good way???? I was concerned because I didn't really care for Lady Macbeth, which is a wine scent, but this one is fairly different. Perfect for its name! Very decadent. 

Goes on super candy grape, then almost immediately develops a musky woodiness. The grape recedes into a more gentle booze. Dusty and gentle, spooky and refined.

This is the grapiest BPAL I've ever tried. And although grape isn't something I want to smell like and is a note I typically dislike in a perfume, I have to say that this is the best grape perfume that I've tried. At first, it's a strong, candy-like grape, like grape hard candy, but then it smells like grape juice, with perhaps some musky oak behind it? There's definitely a woody note lingering in the background.

I probably wouldn't wear this, but I am really glad I got a chance to try it! I am going to send one of my imps to a friend, who enjoys grape scents, artificial or otherwise. I have a feeling she will love this!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Consider this a sugared wine.

I never really got out of the candy phase - there's more in there if I sniff hard and roll around, but it's all sugary grape-like wine on me. The grape didn't come across so pronounced to me - but it's fruity, sweet, winey, boozy, and SUGARED.

Verdict: Adulting Sweetart. Personally love it.

Drops of Amontillado smells like sweet sherry! Super grapey, for those who love the BPAL red wine note. Agree there's a musky woodiness behind this, something dry that tempers the sweetness. 

Wet: grape, wine, something "fresh" in the back of my nose like mint... Just me? 🤔
On: very icy, cool smelling with a hint of wine.
Drydown: can still smell grape, still seems icy but not as much. Short throw and life on me.

Verdict: A nice simple boozy scent. Sweet grapes. 

I wish it would last longer because I could see myself using the imp very quickly in summer months. 

Might have to try this again and see if I'm still getting mint 🤔

Edited by follis