Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A swimsuit with no padding: the perfect gender-amphibious look.

Blue musk and blue chamomile with indigo musk, seaweed, ocean salt, fir needle, and a tangle of kelp.

Seaweed, ocean spray, and a touch of blue musk. This one is fresh aquatic, with salt spray and a touch of fir. It starts off as a bit of stormy weather (big throw, in your face) and dries down to a blue musk with chamomile and aquatic notes. It's pretty soft after about 45 minutes.

From stormy seas, to a cool blue cove of water. Good throw on wet, low throw on drydown. I'd say decent wear length.

Source: Forum Decant

Preconception: I actually really super love Nori? Not sure how it works in a scent but I'm too curious to pass it up. Unfamiliar with the other notes; including the musk variants.

Vial: Salty!

Skin: Weird. Literally like, I got tangled in sea-debris. Salty weedy musky. Not aquatic to me in the usual sense - I'm not feeling any "Ozone" tang in this one which is a little bit of a relief.

Drydown: Musky, blue variations. Aquatic but without the usual ozone method - this is pine and salt and sea. It must be chamomile that'd adding a floral-esq clean edge to the blend.

Verdict: Musk dominant, engulfing sea storm. Like a rolling cloud embracing you in the most comforting way possible.

Wet: This makes sense in my head, though it may not to others; a cleaner version of the ocean.

Dry: A very light, sweet, musky aquatic. As Aveya mentioned above, it's comforting, and I don't think I've been able to describe any aquatic scent that way before.

I didn't think I'd enjoy this as much as I do... and now I have to decide whether the decant will be enough, or if I should grab a full size bottle!

Edited by donkehpoo

This scent is beautiful--I'm surprised it's not getting more love. To me it smells like sweet, warm rain with a hint of sea breeze. It's not sharp, ozoney, or cologney. It's gentle, soft, clean, sweet, natural, and beautiful. This is basically the aquatic scent of my dreams. :wub3:

I was worried the kelp, seaweed, and salt would push this way too sharp and salty. I love aquatics, but on the sweeter, softer side. The blue musk is very fresh and a little sweet, but the other notes give it a depth and saltiness that firmly makes it an oceanic scent, but not a harsh one.

Since I spilled my precious Sunrise with Sea Monsters, I have been trying to find my summer, seasalt scent. This is much more potent, but still gets me in the summer mood. Tangy is a way to describe this one, and while it's not my Sunrise with Sea Monsters, I still find myself reaching for it when I want to feel in the beach mood.