Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Divine Comedian, the Eternal Jester, instructing through pranks and buffoonery: vetiver-steeped raspberry and red currant.

Tart and sweet raspberry juice supported by... peanut butter!

It's not actually as foody as that sounds, but something in here is playing games with my nose. Must be the vetiver. Thankfully this effect burns off pretty quickly. For those who don't usually get along with that note, it's very calm here and lacks much smokiness.

This is pretty nice as it settles into its final stage despite my initial experience being akin to a kid making a mess of the kitchen pantry. It's a pleasantly dry raspberry, almost wine-like minus the booze, paired with a softly musky/herbal grass from the vetiver. The currant adds a bit of jamminess.

A bubbly yet mature fruity/herbal scent. Reminds me of Bewitched.

Lemon Lime soda and tart-sweet I can see the raspberry - very bright and sweet like bright jam.

Dry Down - It's pretty - very summery berry = light and sweet. It has a tendency towards soapy on me. I think it’s too light for me, although I can imagine it would fantastic for the summer.

This is beautifully reminiscent of the discontinued blend The Jester (Huckleberry and red currant with the incisive bite of neroli.). The vetiver isn't in the forefront; it's just present enough to keep the sharp-sweet currant and raspberry realistic and rooted on the vine, so that they don't spin off into Jolly Ranchers territory. The drydown is soft, fruity, and slightly herbal.

What bheansidhe said. This is pretty much sharp-sweet raspberries and currants. There's no lingering vetiver. I feel like its mainly a whisper to ground it all. Soft, fruity, and very wearable.

UGH. LOVE THIS.

All I get out of this is berry shampoo. It's a very nice bright red berry, but I don't need to smell like I'm in the middle of washing my hair all the time.

In the decant: Realistic raspberry and tart red currant accompanied by an herbal vetiver.

Wet: The raspberry note is the dominant note, and it is a very realistic raspberry, not artificial at all. I was curious about this, even though I am generally not fond of berry scents, because I love raspberries, and that note rarely pops up in a scent. The tart, red currant and vetiver are right behind it. Vetiver is a note I tend to avoid, but here, it really does give the impression of berries on a vine. There’s no smoky, BBQ-y vetiver here.

Dry: The raspberries and currants are the star of the show, with the herbal vetiver right behind them, though I do get more vetiver than I did before.

Verdict: This is not a scent I feel the need to obtain more of, since berry-dominant scents aren’t really my thing, but it was really nice to be able to experience raspberry in a scent! If you are wary of the vetiver, don’t be. It’s not a bully here.

Fruity scents are rarely my jam, but I was intrigued by this one because of the vetiver, which I tend to enjoy, and it was gifted to me by an exceptionally generous and all-around gorgeous forumite.  It is indeed better and more interesting on me than most berry scents, which tend to turn candy-like on me.  The vetiver is more of the grassy than the smoky variety, and the currant is bright and tart.  The raspberry is still a little too sweet for me, not tempered enough by the vetiver for my tastes, but if you are a lover of berry scents, this will probably be delightful on you, even if you usually fear vetiver.  Medium wear length.