Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The master of sleight-of-hand and trickery: dexterous, clever, and roguish. He is the mischief-maker whose tricks propel men to action, or dupe the foolish into traps of their own creation.

Peru balsam, tobacco absolute, leather, white sage, and blackberry juice.

Big whiff of Peru balsam at first. Smells like vanilla and cinnamon, which makes me think of Christmas cookies. The tobacco is right behind it, and it's very much BPAL's chewy/citrusy French Tobacco. Mmph.

I'm not able to find the blackberry or leather, but I do get a bit of a powdery herbal addition from the sage. Still balsam/tobacco dominant. I would say that if you like a bit of spice and enjoy French Tobacco and/or missed out on the single note, this would be a good one to grab.

Blackberry juice, sage, tobacco, and a hit of leather. This is a weirdly blackberry-tobacco-leather blend. It's very deep purple. Like almost black purple. It's fruity, and yet slinky dark.

Honestly, this makes me think of take a raven's wing and make it edible. There. You're now eating raven feathers. Are you scared yet? Wait, all you can do is caw caw at me.

Great throw and wear length.

Source: Decant circle

Preconception: Worried about this being too masculine, but I can't turn down berry scents or tobacco scents lately. Excited but concerned.

Vial: Manmusk and berries.

Skin: Initial burst of fruit and ambery wood. Aha, this must be peru basalm, with an added omph of sweet from berries. Tobacco also peaks out and comes across on me as the lovely beautiful sweet thick version of Tobacco I've ran across. Alas I still haven't gotten my hands on the SN yet, but one day I will.

Drydown: I am SO surprised this isn't going full masculine. Instead this is going super fruity on me, in a dark goopy sort of way. I'm getting Crawdad Dream scent-memory flashbacks, plus beautiful thick and sweet tobacco. Lovely spices bubble up and pop periodically in this thick tar-like goo. This is so beautifully perfect on me. I'm sold.

Reminds me of the dark sweetness in Pure Applesauce. The term "tar" was used and that applies here as well. Thick tar-like sweet tobacco, with berries melted in.

Verdict: LOVE THIS. Fruity dark wet sweet tobacco.