Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Carnival King, the embodiment of the liminal space that exists between the death and resurrection of Christ: pomegranate and Lebanese cedar, the martyr’s red rose, and an aspergillum of wine-soaked hyssop.

Wowza. I’m a pom-lover and I’m going to need a bottle of this one. It is my fav of the Magician series. On my first try it reminded me of roasted lamb with pomegranate seeds - slightly stinky warm sticky pomegranate. On the 2nd more settled round the pom is brighter but with that meaty-herbal thing. Yeah i could roll in this one, it's a keeper def.
Dry down, its got that green herb thing, maybe its the cedar+pom = lamb. The wine soaked hyssop must be the green herb. Love it.

Pom, cedar, a whiff of rose and red wine. So on wet, its mainly a red wine soaked pomegranate for me, and as it dries you get more of the cedar. Now it's a pom-cedar blend. Good throw and wear length.

First sniff is of rose and pom, but the rose vanishes quickly once it hits my skin, and it settles into tart pommy wine. Later something sweet and lightly incensey comes in to soften it up a bit (hyssop?) and now the morning after the night I tested it, it's pom/cedar. Super long lasting pom note! Wrong holiday and all, but there's something kind of Yuleish about this. I probably don't need a bottle, as I have a lot of pom scents, but I like it.

In the imp, this was nondescript fruity with hint of floral from the rose.

Wet--same as the imp.

Drying--mainly pomegranate, not really a hint of wine, a little bit of rose, and solid back up of hyssop. This has modest throw at this point.

Impressions, definitely a pom-wine with the hyssop rounding things out to add complexity. It is not especially lush/boozy and I am shocked the rose or the cedar don't amp, so I guess they are in minimal amounts, so if those are deal breakers and a pom wine scent is desirable, this fills the bill. This is sweet on me, not a bit of sour. A great pom blend for those who love it. For me this is pleasant and I am not thinking I need a bottle as Persephone is my fave Pom scent and I get more of the rose with it.

That's no scent for me. At first the pom is strong, which I like. But soon the wine note takes over and I can't stand the scent of wine. Especially red wine.

This imp can go...