Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black plum, opium tar accord, black patchouli, white sage, ti leaf, and heady white orchid.

the main image for this is... beautifully creepy.

and that's also what my first thought was, upon sniffing this in the bottle. beautiful... and creepy.

i love the BPAL orchid, and i think that's part of what's giving it the creepy~ness.

i adored the long-discontinued Regan and this is just about the closest thing i've smelled to that in ages. this isn't as sweet, the plum and patchouli give it a warm purple-y depth, but there's still an orchid-y-ness to it. the patchouli doesn't stand out, though, so patchouli or sage haters don't necessarily fear this one. k?

there's a hair gloss that this reminds me of, a teensy bit, but i've got the brain-fog and can't place it. i'll figure it out, though.... could it be wicked matriarch??

my nose isn't the best and my skin is weird... so hopefully other folks will post with better, more eloquent reviews.

i was messaged by someone who wanted to know what the label art looks like, since i mention it is creepy. it is the main image from the Kickstarter for this scent, with the words at top/bottom cut off, but otherwise (as long as this link works) this:

00b8605053c532574885dc4142621ae2_origina

...edited again because i was a 90s goth girl, but i'd never heard of Kambriel. i hadta look that one up.

Edited by TrailerTrashPrincess

So I chose this before knowing the notes and I am glad I did; this is beautiful.

Wet, this reminds me of Our Lady of Pain. It does share opium tar (accord here, not in OLoP), orchid (not black here), and patchouli (black vs Sumatran). It gives me the same vibe...sultry, sexy, and sophisticated.

I get the plum and orchid first, with the other notes balancing out the bottom. Plum tempers the opium tar for me, as it can be a tad sharp (but not here).

It's a 90s goth girl, and instead of cloves, fishnet and stompy boots she's wearing black silk hose, glittery purple minerals and can finally afford Kambriel. Probably vaping.

Dark sexy orchid. It is reminiscent of Our Lady of Pain, but its a deep dark orchid blend. I mainly get plum, orchid, and opium tar. Dark, slinky, lady of the night orchid. Medium throw and wear length.

“Death in your arms, death in your arms”
The deepest, darkest hypnotic black orchid of my dreams. This smells like the color of the night sky. Something about it reminds me of Vanessa Ives, seductive and full of secrets. Once the plummy patchouli settles into the orchid, it becomes a luxuriously deep scent, a gothic brew to entice and captivate. I would definitely call this a nighttime scent, a scent for a dreamer, a magician, a shadow. This blossom is elementally compelling and will transport you to a time of magic.

Edited by Jenjin