Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The most disreputable district in early 20th-century Chicago. Blackened patchouli, smoke, and sorrow painted by sweet sugar and thick honey.

Disclaimer that I'm still recovering from a cold so this might not be quite accurate! Immediately, I get the patch, which isn't all that hippie/gnarly but sweetened by the sugar. About an hour in, I started getting a hit of cade smoke and it's still lingering but not overpowering an hour after that. The honey is starting to show through more, mellowing out the entire scent. Light/medium throw, and about four hours in, I can barely detect it on my skin.

Wet this is very vetiver on me, and as I dry down I get smoke, slightly sweetened smoke but mostly just smoke. It would seem I amp it. While not an unpleasant scent I was hoping the smoke would be a background note and not the forenote. Alas.

Smoky vetiver patchouli that dries down to a sugary patchouli with a smidge of smoky honey. It reminds me to Silkybat in that sugared patchouli sense right now. Good throw and wear length.

This would be the PERFECT scent if it did not include honey. Waaaaah.

I stashed for a bit of aging, hoping the sweetness would recede, but it didn’t. Smells like a beautiful, deep smoked patchouli (with perhaps the faintest hint of vetiver), but the honey note throws it off on me. So, so sad.

The Levee is dominated by a dark, smoky patchouli, though it doesn't scream vetiver to me, so if you can do smoke but not vetiver per se, this might still work for you. It takes a long time on me for the sweet notes to develop, and they're never in the forefront, so it's definitely a patchouli scent with brown sugar and honey as supporting players. This is super lovely - if you love Banshee Beat, Tricksy, #occupy or Nasty Woman, this is definitely one to try.