Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Everleigh Club was located in a sumptuous 50-room mansion in Chicago’s Red Light District. Every inch of this palace of sin was lavishly decorated, and none more than the Gold Room, which featured golden furnishings, golden draperies, gold spittoons, gold-gilded fish bowls, and a gold-leaf piano.

Gleaming, glittering gold: amber and honeyed champagne, ginger root, yellow tobacco flower, and golden apple peel.

The Gold Room is my favorite from this year's exceptional C2E2 exclusives. It's really well blended and all of the notes express a golden feel, but the standout note is the amber and honey champagne. It's one of those blends that's makes me feel happy when I smell it and it has a very nice throw, so a lot of happiness from this one!

In the bottle: Champagne, fizzy and bright!

On the skin: Happy champagne with golden wisps of the ginger root and tobacco flower all on a sweet hint of golden apple peel.

It's a stunner and if you love the Lab's champagne note, try to snag one!

Ahhhh! Smelling this puts a smile on my face. I am usually not an apple enthusiast, but this just sounded really lovely and I wanted something different.

In the bottle and when first applied, The Gold Room is buoyant, happy, scintillating, and young, but with a touch of sophistication. It evokes images in my mind of art deco ladies wearing gold sequins and could be worn with pride to any Gatsby extravaganza. The apple is prominent, sweet, tart and bright, reminding me a bit of Wood Phoenix, but the bubbly is right along side it adding a dry bite with the ginger and a lovely effervescence. The tobacco flower appears in the dry down and has a creamy texture, very different from the chewiness I usually get from "tobacco." It and the amber add maturity, depth and a hazy softness to the fragrance like a chiffon wrap.

The end result of this is beautifully light and elegant. I'm very glad I gambled on it.

This is a fantastic fragrance! Yummy apple effervescence at first, the fruit is sweet and very fresh giving it an exuberance. As the amber and tobacco move forward, the whole thing becomes creamy and very smooth. Something about it reminds me of old Hollywood: the glamorous showgirls, swooping spotlights and oh, so elegant divas wearing perfume filled with magic notes and dreams. This is an absolute delight for me to wear and smell, perfect for a summer weekend in the city, shopping the quaint boutiques and art galleries. So grateful to my fairy for picking this cosmopolitan treasure up for me.

Edited by Jenjin

I love the lab's champagne note, and this one is a golden champagne, but with the tobacco, it almost smells like a guy could pull this off. This smells like a high end mainstream perfume that would be akin to Tom Ford, almost unisex, but leaning on the side of feminine. Kind of reminds me a bit like Champagne Lace. This is fresh, clean and golden and I just love it.

eta: Many thanks to my fairy for picking this up for me!!! :wub3: :wub3: :wub3:

Edited by milo

On wet, you get a ton of champagne fizz. As it dries, you get a honeyed apple and amber background with a bit of the lingering champagne fizz. This is one hell of a sophisticated blend, and has a very 'honey/golden' aura. Fun, flirty, and very art nouveau feminine. You know, the classy slinky curves with a flowering headband. Medium throw and wear length.

this is the third time i've worn this and my gut reaction each time is "Champagne Christmas"

i adore the Lab's champagne note, but not the honey. tobacco flower is almost always amazing, and any apple that isn't sour-candy-apple is usually good by me.

somehow something in this turns into a close approximation of that frankincense-and-myrrh scent that is the typical "Christmas" scent. but with fizzy champagne.

ever been in one of those Christmas-all-year-round stores? the ones i've been to have that scent, with hints of hay and packaging materials. if someone handed me a flute of champagne while walking around one of those... that's the kinda vibe i get from this scent.

can't 'splain it, but that's what it is. sadly while it is glorious and gorgeous, it is also headache-inducing for me. boo.

In the vial, it's this lovely golden apple peel mixed with honeyed champagne, and it smells lovely.

On me, I get that wonderful apple note at first, but then it takes a turn for the worse. It reminds me of what Winter Landscape did on me... which was not good. And those two scents don't even share any listed notes, so I am not sure what is up there. :think:

After a few hours, it ends up being more tobacco-forward on me with a stronger amber note, some ginger-infused champagne, and a much softer apple peel note. It is much better during this stage of the scent.

I am really glad I got a chance to try this one, but I don't think I can do the funk that I got from this during the early stage of the scent to get to it.