Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Leap of Faith or the Apex of Irresponsibility. One foot remains precariously touching the earth, the other hovers towards enlightenment or oblivion.

Green tea, neroli, and osmanthus, patchouli root, Spanish moss, tobacco absolute, and vetiver.

In the imp: Neroli and moss, with a hint of patchouli. I'm worried this will be mostly neroli on me.

Wet: Ooh, there's the tea! Fresh green tea, spilled over tobacco leaves and moss. The neroli has turned more into a citrus twist in the tea, thankfully. The osmanthus and vetiver are just dancing around the edges with the patchouli.

Dry: The vetiver has fallen off the cliff with the patchouli and is lost, along with much of the tobacco. What remains is sweet green tea and moss, unexpectedly cheerful and bright.

I don't think I expected this one to dry down so similar to Embalming Fluid, but here we are. I don't mind at all though! Not super long lasting so I don't think I'll commit to a full bottle, but will keep this decant for sure. Worth taking a leap of faith to try.

This brings to mind new shoots reaching out of clean earth, very fresh, a fabulous slant on mossy vetiver

Looong into the drydown there's a breath of delicate floral dancing just at the edges, very sophisticated floral vetiver but very light at this point

Yes I said vetiver twice, if you don't like it this might not be the scent to turn that around (but then again, maybe it could?)

For the record my partner just said it reminds him of his grandfather's aftershave, which is quite different from my impressions!

I blind-bottled not one but TWO of The Precipice, that's how confident I was about all the notes. Call it a leap of faith or an apex of foolishness. I definitely reached enlightenment with this one.

In the bottle, it's complex and green and swirling, without sweetness but with a deep earthiness that keeps it from being sharp at all. Lots of neroli, which is a GREAT sign as I'm passionate about orange blossom and neroli and never can find enough of them as prominent notes in the blend.

And then when it hits the skin, the complexity blooms into something rich and magical, evoking the feeling of a garden in spring. Tea leaves, tobacco leaves, even the whiff of a tomato leaf - it's all fresh and herby and like sticking your nose against a freshly crushed leaf from the garden. The neroli is sun-warmed and not too sweet, not at all heady like night-blooming orange blossom, but still rich and welcoming and very present. Spanish moss softens it, grounds it. I don't smell much vetiver at all, so it must be far in the background just lending a little animalistic growl to this swirling medley. It's the grown-up, sexy cousin of The Body Shop's Neroli Jasmin. Rawwr.

All in all, I am so very pleased with my jump off the Precipice and contemplating a third bottle. If you love tea blends, garden-y kinds of scents, or especially orange blossom/neroli, I can't praise this one highly enough.

Green tea, moss, tobacco, patchouli. This one is a complex green tea mishmash of things. It feels like HOVERING OVER A LEDGE. You're standing on it BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT THERE'S A F*CKING DROP ON THE OTHER SIDE, because otherwise, you wouldn't be standing there. Obviously. I don't know if its because you weren't paying attention or you're foolhardy. Or both.

Or maybe, you like to live like Han "Don't Ever Tell Me the Odds" Solo. It's cheerier than you expect as it feels like you're about to plunge into an abysmal disaster.

Good for: projecting tragedies, IDGAF attitude, attempting to navigate an asteroid field successfully.