Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

At peace with recklessness and abandon, the serenity of accepting the embrace of disorder and obliquity: pink pepper and honey.

This reminds me of the honey from Fortuna Dubia, with pink pepper instead of Dubia's herbs. The honey is stronger on me than the pepper.
At first I also got a little something that felt sugared, like a powdered sugar, but my skin ate it.

This blend lives under two hours on my skin.

I often enjoy very simple blends, and this one is very simple indeed: a clean, soft honey with a gentle nibble of pink pepper. The honey is definitely dominant; I have to really huff to get any pepper on my wrist, though it's more present where I dabbed a bit on my forearm. If it had a color it would be a soft warm beigey neutral with pink tones. It's almost boring, but still somehow soothing.

Except. Once in a while, I sniff at my arms and end up sneezing, and that makes me laugh. This is not the only perfume with pink pepper in it that I've had that response to and it feels especially apt here, given the inspiration.

NB: If you are someone for whom certain honey notes go powdery you'll probably want to avoid it, though. It's definitely that sort of honey. Heck, it almost goes powdery on me, and I'm not prone to that sort of thing unless there's something else in there (orris, usually, or milk) also giving that impression.

Light, gentle, minimal throw, lasts a few hours, fades gracefully into a lightly peppered honey on me.

On me, this is Honey SN. No pepper, not of any kind.

It's a lovely honey and it lasted--very lightly--all day. Almost zero throw. I have to stick my nose in my wrist if I want to visit.

I like the idea of putting this on when I want the "fool's tranquillity" to face the day. A que sera sera state of mind that allows you to keep moving lightly.

Edited by tarotgirl

This is the first honey scent I've gotten from BPAL. I was worried, a little, after seeing tarotgirl's review, that it would end up cloying on me. But I think that even if I couldn't identify the pepper on the nose, it managed to keep this from going too far.

I had the same experience of long last, little throw. It's over twelve hours since I put it on, and I can still press my nose to my wrist and get that sweetness very faintly. Which is great for making it through a Friday to the weekend.

Wet: Straight up honey, honey.

Dry: Yep. Still honey! Not getting any kind of pink pepper note; it could be that my skin ate it, or it’s such a small amount I’m having a hard time identifying it.

If you’re a fan of honey scents, I highly recommend this. For me, it’s nice, but won’t need a big bottle.

Edited by donkehpoo

Lots of honey and a soft hint of pepper! This flirts with plastic and play-doh a bit in the early going, but settles down to a pretty, mildly peppery, candied sort of scent. There's a slight resemblance to scents like Bengal, but it's Bengal's shy little sister. I don't need a ton of this, but it's pleasant.

I love pink pepper. I love honey. I love blends of a couple simple notes. This was a no-brainer for me.

Wet: Warm floral honey, warm spicy-floral pink pepper. This scent glows. It's gorgeous. It somehow reminds me of A Thought From Propertius, though without the fruit note. Love it. It's interesting to me how floral both the honey and pink pepper are. There is almost a sugar note along with the honey. This isn't the honey of say, O. It reminds more of the Rappaccini's Apiary honeys.

Dry: Gorgeous. Honey dominant, with spicy floral pink pepper notes. It's a very sugary honey, if that makes any sense. I love the simplicity of it. I adore honey scents, it's one of my favourite notes, and I am so happy to have this. Other honey lovers should give it a go too. The honey is almost musky - not quite a honey musk note, but almost. Gorgeous.

Wet: Dark spiced honey. For a few minutes I got a star anise kind of vibe, but I think that was my nose trying to figure out

the pink pepper. There's a slight tingle on the tip of my tongue when I huff close. (No, I didn't lick it!) :P Only when I get

really close to sniff, I pick up a faint hint of play-doh. This is the first honey scent I've tried that leans at all towards plastic

and play-doh, so that surprised me a bit. Until now, honey has played very nicely with my skin chemistry.

As it dries, I also get a feeling of powder-- not straight up baby powder, but more like an enticing dusting powder.

The wafts are intimate and delicious :yum: (I'd get closer to me to catch a whiff!) and I love the carefree pairing of honey

with pink pepper. Not sure about a bottle yet. :think:

I'm going to try wearing it on forearms rather than wrists next time to see if I can get the play-doh to disappear.

Then I may have to compare it against Fortuna Dubia, which I fell hard for.

Soft clean honey with a kick of pink pepper. It's a nice mellow honey, but with enough pink pepper to prevent it from being just dull. Medium throw and wear length.

There's a slight resemblance to scents like Bengal, but it's Bengal's shy little sister.

Agree - This is most certainly Bengal's shy younger sister.

At first it starts out strong dominant honey - and I can feel the pink pepper tempering the honey. It's rich and sweet and spiced. But on drydown as it starts the vanishing act, it gets closer to skin. And pulls out that Bengal-feel of skin musk and spice. The honey is thin and gently sweet. No cloy.

But man does it vanish. Not much throw after the first apply; but you can still sniff it on your skin for hours. And it's flipping beautiful soft sexy honey skin. Has the barest touch of powder in a good way. Just has no lift.

Verdict: Really great sex scent. Just saying. Feminine, light, sweet, innocent. Gently spiced, SUPER close to skin. They're only going to smell it when buried in your neck.

Edited by Aveya

Light honey & beeswax, with a hint of pink pepper. Related to the honey in Against Idleness and Mischief, Door, & Honey HG from the Post. I agree that it's a skin scent. I slathered my decant, & it's surprisingly present on the back of my forearms after 7 hours. On my wrists it's pretty much gone.

Edited by Teamama

this is a very bright and cheerful honey. youthful and comforting. easy to wear in that it doesn't morph or go raunchy on me (please note that I do adore morphing and raunch, but the straightforwardness of this means I can wear it with ease in different public situations aka workplaces and on the town alike)

I like to put this on when I get home from work. just like it's name, it honestly is soothing. true to the card it represents, mixed in with the calm is the soft joy of anticipation, much like the freedom one feels when starting a nice long road trip or vacation. light-to-moderate throw and it's gone completely the next morning.

Wet: Vanilla musk base? Not the usual honey note I expected (which I don't always like). Quite yum and creamy. Tiny hint of pepper. 
On: This is a bit more of the familiar honey, but with the "pink pepper" it actually has a sweetness and creaminess I mentioned before, that I really like. The pepper isn't overbearing but gives the scent a bit of a spice feel.

Dry down: Ahh. Back to the usual honey note with a hint of that pink pepper, but then after a longer period I'm getting the usual playdoh note on me :( I'd love to see how this ages over the years though (should help with the playdoh being less prominent), especially with the honey, so I'll probably try it again and update this at some point. It's definitely a more interesting honey scent.

Edited by follis
Forgot to mention dry down!