Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sometimes playfully walking with the Fool, sometimes tugging on his stockings, sometimes attacking in a pack, sometimes tearing the ass out of his pants, sometimes chomping him right on the nuts: feral and tame, guardian and hunter, loyalty and opposition. Sometimes guiding the Fool off the cliff and other times warning him of dangers ahead.

A warm canine musk, trampled grass, a gleam of ivory-white fang, cardamom pod, and crushed yew.

Ridiculously charming, in a cozy outdoorsy kind of way. The 'canine musk' is light and appealing and really does make me think of freshly-washed puppy. A thread of sunny grass and maybe the crushed yew is giving it the romping-in-a-field vibe, I think. I'm not sure what fang is supposed to smell like. Maybe it's what gives this blend its pale quality; this is not a 'brown' kind of fuzzy scent like Wulric, but very white-washed and lovely. I'm not sure I can detect the cardamom, but the overall effect is exceptionally snuggly.

The only thing that is keeping me from buying a bottle? It has exactly zero throw. The fade is so fast on my skin! I'm going to try turning my decant into an eau de parfum and see what happens.

This is...a warm spiced cookie you eat while wearing a wool sweater. The grass note fades after just a few seconds, and what is left is all baked goods and comfort-I'm guessing that the ivory fang interacting with the cardamom? Not exactly the musky, doggy scent I was hoping for, but definitely nice!

white bright, a touch of clean grass, and something else I can't quite place

Very veeeeeeeery similar to Bub (from the Paranorman line, and also a "dog" scent). Bub is slightly sweeter, while Fool's Dog is slightly more of that plastic kaboodle scent (you know it if you've ever had one lol)

similar throw too, but doesn't last quite as long as abub

...on me Bub is the winner in notes, throw, and how long it lasts

I got this hoping that the canine musk would be similar to the musk in Canis Major which I adore so much. I also love grass and cardamom.

Wet: Oh! Oh. What is THAT? It's almost effervescent. Tickles my nose a bit. No clue what is going on here, I can't pick a thing out. As it settles, I get hints of something warm, sweet, and woody. Also hints of grass. It's a super interesting scent, entirely pleasant, and like nothing I have smelled before, so I am having a really hard time defining it. Doesn't actually smell like dog, if you were worried. I have realized I don't really know what yew smells like - that may be the warm woodiness I am getting. Oh! There's the cardamom. Mmm. This is a really neat scent. I feel like it changes every time I sniff it.

Dry: Sweet, very light musk, slightly fuzzy, and grass. It's quite different and very nice. Makes me smile. I will wear this outdoors all spring, it's that sort of scent.

This to me is super, super grassy. It was a bit offputting at first, but now I'm digging it. I was hoping it would be sweet, like my beloved Coyote, but it's sharper, earthier, an fresher. It brings to mind rolling around in cool, freshly cut grass with a fuzzy dog friend.

Love this! At first it is all green grass, Abby scrabbling furiously in the middle of the lawn, grass flying everywhere until she flops over and rolls with abandon, a very bright, outdoorsy, spring-summer scent, and quite marvelous. The grass smell lasts about 45 minutes on me and then gives way to the musky cardamom. I swapped away my Bub decant but I recall it being quite foody; this is significantly less so to me. I wish it had a longer wear time; age might help with that.

Super fresh cut grass dries down to musk with a touch of yew. Again, super low throw on me after the first 10 minutes of intense cut grass. Low wear length.

Skin chemistry is so weird--I get almost no grass! I get mostly a soft animalic musk with a really really sweet note--I think the white fang might be tonka. I was hoping for more fresh greenery to suit the warm weather, but this is definitely a sweet, cuddly pupper.

Source: TPP Decant Circle

Preconception: It's a dog scent come on! Too cute!

Imp: ... Lemongrass?

Initial skin: ... ... You're lemongrass, right? There's a fizzy happiness from this that's a lot like lemongrass to me. That's cool. More of that please. There's a note like this in a bunch of the Fool's scents. He's a happy dude what can you say.

Drydown: Green fresh notes pop out. Something fuzzy and warm. and YOU'RE LEMONGRASS JUST ADMIT IT. I have no idea what Yew smells like exactly, and I mean best guess on ivory-white fang, right? But this scent has a green freshness, lemongrass fizzy sweetness, warm fuzzy clean dog fur, and the gentlest musk backing it all.

Verdict: Happy, bright, clean. White or Yellow if it was a color. Slightly citrus to me.

There's a general clean-soapy vibe form this scent, and that will prevent me from getting a bottle because it's not my thing. But it's absolutely beautiful and joyful.

I initially get a strong surge of grass but that thankfully falls far into the background for me, then a scent almost like a weird banana candy comes forward and that too thankfully disappears. What is left behind when this stops morphing is a clean fuzzy musk that is similar to the canine musk in Canis Major without being overly sassafras smelling. There's definitely an almost soapy sweetness to it, which melds with the sweet chai-like warm cardamom, a cool menthol-like yew, and a note I can't place. Whatever the 'ivory white fang' is represented by eludes me but there's definitely something there that I can't wrap my head around. It's very pale, very sweet, not really gourmand smelling.

Overall this blend leans very clean smelling and gets pretty close to soapy territory. It's very refreshing though, hints of greenery and clean furry musk. Sweet with a hint of spice. Very cool and pale in feel. I like it but I don't think it's really 5ml worthy for me, I'm happy I went with a decant first.

Bottle: Green like grass, something floral aniseedy, cardamom, quite nice. 

Wet: Grass note is really coming out, slightly minty/piney (perhaps the yew?). I hope the mint note doesn't amp on me like usual. 

On: ok so the way this has absorbed and spread on my skin is interesting. Vanilla musk on one side and mellowed grass just on the other. I'm not sure what canine musk would be on me this is a sweet non-food vanilla with a hint of cardamom. The yew is just in the background and thankfully not over powering. It seems cool because of the mint but it does feel warm apart from that. This unfortunately doesn't last long before 10 minutes later I I still get yew/mint but uh... The musk is now wet dog haha. 

Drydown: minty wet dog... Darn. I'm sad how this has evolved on me, but it really does show both sides of the dog in the card. 

1.5 hours later: It's back to being a vanilla musk again if I sniff my skin close. 

Fresh fresh grassy scent gently held by the musk. The cardamom makes a brief appearance and then takes it’s leave (:cry2:). That ivory fang, though... it’s a sharp one. It’s baring it’s way forward and challenging anyone and everyone. A scrap of a dog, yet full of ferocity. There’s still the edge of grass and the puff of musk, reminding you that a little kindness and a treat will bring back those puppy eyes and a wagging tail. 

I put this on myself before I put the babies to bed and it seemed effective for feeling clean and cozy. I feel it’s be great for bed in the heat of the Summer. Clean, somewhat sharp, somewhat comforting.