Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Dragon-Smooched Snake Oil

In the bottle: The patch and spiciness of Snake Oil, plus honey, plus the sweet, spicy resin of dragon's blood. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's very patchouli, with an almost cologne-y afterwhiff. As it dries, a rich honey sweetness comes to the forefront. At this stage, the honey plus patchouli reminds me most of Third Charm, though Dragon-Smooched Snake Oil seems to have less distinction between the sharpness of the patch and the smoothness of the honey, to which I attribute the dragon's blood and probably the vanilla in the Snake Oil. I also think that what I'm reading as "cologne-y" is the resinous quality of the dragon's blood. Given time to develop on my skin, both the patchouli and the dragon's blood come out more, though the honey and the Snake Oil spiciness (snakiness?) remain apparent as well. 

This is... absolutely amazing. It's simultaneously sexy, powerful, warm, and snuggly. The throw and wear length are also pretty great on me. 

A+++, would snek again.  

So I blind-swapped this bottle (among others) primarily for my son, who loves both Snake Oil and dragon’s blood. I usually can’t wear DB, it becomes a powdery mess on my skin, which is disappointing to say the least. 

However, I love me some Snake Oil, patchouli and honey. And this kiss from a Dragon is just subtle enough that I can handle it, and it smells damn good.

This is strong a Snake Oil scent though (duh) with just some touches of the other notes, they make it sweeter and more patchoulied, and the dragon’s blood gives it a softness. It smells good on my skin, but amazing on my teenage son. 

Happy little accident!

one of my favourite BPAL scents is Rose Cross.  

and it mixes really nicely with Snake Oil. 

and, for whatever crazy reason, after about an hour, this has settled onto my skin and smells a lot like the bottle of those two that i mixed together about five years ago (a very-obviously-not-a-BPAL-bottle, that i combined imps of varying ages into).  powdery and spicy but none of the play-doh.

Deep, rich aged Snake Oil with lots of musky dragon's blood and honeyed patch. The blood is the strongest on me initially, but within about 15 minutes it softens and I can smell the fainter patchouli and honey. Snake Oil itself is kind of faint in here until it's dry and then you can easily tell this is a SO blend. The throw is pretty strong which I appreciate!

This is very sexy, I might enjoy this more than regular Snake Oil now! If you don't like dragon's blood but are intrigued in this blend regardless, in my experience that note does fade considerably within a few minutes. Highly recommend trying if you can find it.

This starts off as a super dragon's blood-y Snake Oil musk and spices on me, but it becomes sweeter over time as the honey joins the party. The extra patch isn't super noticeable because it is very smooth, but it smells like one honeyed, incense-y snake (more dragon's blood than honey, though). 

The dragon's blood was a little much for me at first, but it settled down into something more enjoyable as the honey and Snake Oil's vanilla gained strength with wear. I'm glad I got a chance to try it, but I'll stick with Womb Furie for my honeyed Snake and just skip the dragon's blood. I can see a lot of dragon's blood fans loving this, though, and I appreciate it more than... well, any other scent with a dragon's blood note in it.

*Fresh out of the mailbox 

In bottle: I can't pick out any notes. It smells sweet and earthy 

Wet on skin: A very earthy/rooty patchouli and snake oil, I can get a slight whiff of honey and resin. 

Dry (after about two hours): Ohh. see THIS is why I knew I'd be fine to blind swap this, it's exactly what I was hoping for! It's super earthy and has a gorgeous honeyed sweetness to it and the dragon's blood just envelops the whole thing. This has shot up to one of my favourite bottles in my collection, I can't wait to see how it ages because I bet it will be sublime 

Edited by lipstickonmyteeth92

Sadly, my skin turns dragons blood into day old gloopy congealed blood, and this blend is no exception. However, in the middle of the night I sniffed my wrist: the blood had worn off and I was left with a lovely honeyed Snake Oil with a hint of spicy resin. 

On my mom, who turns every scent into a Pine Trees and ____ duet, this turns into a gorgeous bright resin with deep slinky undertones grounded by earthy vanilla. It’s really beautiful, and I finally understand what all fuss about dragon’s blood is about! 

Edited by Estamets
Typo