Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Casablanca

Blue Unicorn Moon

Lilith's interpretation.

From the Littlest Perfumer: “It's a happy moon. It is beautiful, shiny and it makes me think of magical blueberries. It makes wishes come true, and puts a smile on your face.”

Vanilla blueberry bubblegum.

From the bottle, Blue Unicorn Moon reads to me as lots of pink bubblegum mingling with blueberry.

On my skin, especially when wet, it's similar. The way the bubblegum combines with the blueberry reminds me of the lotus and blueberry in Jinbari from last year's Lupers. That was my favorite lotus -- it smelled very pink, and a little fruity and bubblegummy, but not strongly bubblegum. This reminds me of that, but with more gumminess. I just also get a fruity-floral tone to it, which I associate with pink lotus.

I get a little sweet vanilla, barely, but the pink bubblegum + blueberry is really up front and center.

Like Jinbari, this blend is very potent on me at first. But Blue Unicorn is mostly gone from my skin in under an hour. I can still find it, but it's faint. (However, if I apply it again, the second dose lingers much longer.)

This is super fun and playful.

In the bottle - This really does smell blue. Sweet and blue! (Can't wait to wear it! Probably my favorite cold sniff from my Luper order.)

Wet - Warms up right away. It's like frosting, but not your regular everyday frosting. This is all smooth magic unicorn frosting, and then bam! BLUEBERRY GLITTER GUMBALLS.

Drydown - Still blue. My skin tends to absorb sweet stuff so it soaked up all the sugary goodness, leaving me with almost a floral-vanilla aftertaste. Still very nice, still sweet. I agree with the above review -- something about this reminds me of the soft florals in Love & Sleep and maaaaybe Poor Monkey (both of which have fig milk, vanilla, and ylang-ylang). I wish the saccharine bubblegum phase lasted a bit longer, but I still love it when it turns into vanilla-blue territory. Kiiiind of want it in a hair gloss now.

Verdict - This isn't the type of sugar that will keep you up at night. In fact, I'd almost use this as a sleep scent because it goes so dreamy-vanilla-sleepytime-moon on me. Lilith, you're awesome for making this and I look forward to sniffing more of your signature scents. High five, girl! This definitely put a smile on my face.

My bottle has a hand drawn unicorn head and stars. So cute! Thank you Lilith :bunnyluv:
YUM bottle sniff!!!! TONS of bubblegum at the start with fizzy blueberries and glittery sugar sparkles.
It's just a little tart and acidic just after application, but that settles down quickly.
After a few minutes, the vanilla steps up and balances out the sweet notes, turning this into creamy dreamy blueberry moon.

This is fabulous! It does fade pretty quickly, but becomes a lovely, sweet skin scent after an hour or so.

This is just so fun. In the bottle, I get kicked in the face with blueberry bubblegum that reminds me so much of my childhood because I always had gum on me, was always chewing gum and often got in trouble for it.

On the skin, I can pick out the vanilla more and the bubblegum is more the sugar sweetness of gum and less the pink Dubble Bubble stuff. There's a tang from the blueberry that makes it just sing. It gets creamier as time passes, the blueberry stepping way back and the bubblegum and vanilla blending until it's this comforting sweet vanilla. Surprisingly, this one is lasting a long time on me. It's been about 8 hours since I put it on and it's still going strong! Love.

Childhood happiness bottled up...

The blueberry is very much apparent upon first whiff of the bottle but it's creamy, not too high or berry-ish to me.The vanilla and bubblegum notes are also creamy and dreamy. I LOVE Beth's bubblegum take and it makes me happy that Lilith's is also awesome. Evocative of unicorns, smurfs, that old technicolor blue shade that Disney used to use in it's halloween specials where the witch flies by the full moon and that fat bubblicious gum that was the easiest to blow bubbles with when we were pre-teens. And the label art is major cuteness!!

Blueberry bubblegum with vanilla. On wet, it's mainly blueberry bubblegum. As it dries down, you get more of the vanilla coming through and the bubblegum note starts to recede. It's still a sugary, bubblegum blend. Softer than I expected because of the vanilla, which gives it a cloudy/fluffy feel to the sugar. It actually reminds me more to cotton candy at this point. Blueberry bubblegum that turns into blueberry cotton candy fluff. Medium throw and wear length.

Too sugary for me, but those into sweet sugary blends should try and get their hands on some of this.

In the decant: Sweet blueberry vanilla bubblegum!

Wet: Blueberry candy to the extreme! I am getting more of the vanilla on my skin, but this does smell mostly like blueberry candy to me that's somewhat reminiscent of Blue Lollipops. After a bit, the bubblegum emerges, so that it's more like blueberry and vanilla swirled bubblegum as opposed to lollipops.

Dry: The bubblegum component has become softer during this phase. The blueberry continues to reign, and I get more of the vanilla now.

Verdict: This one is true to its description! I had to try it because it was Lilith's creation, but the scent itself is too strong on the blueberry for me.

Oh my gosh. I didn't read reviews before I purchased - but such a cute surprise that the label is hand drawn moon-unicorn (yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a moon with a horn omg) with stars. Adorable XD

In bottle : Dat's bubble gum in there.

Wet on skin: Vanilla bubble gum!

Drydown: Blueberry vanilla gum :wub3:

Also, by bubble gum I mean the pink bazooka kind that's hard to chew. So this scent throws something a little pink into and makes me think cherry. But calling that cherry is misleading cause lol it's bazooka gum.

At first I was a little sad I don't get as much blueberry as others do. It's there, but I was actually hoping for a juicy smack-me-in-the-face blueberry. BUT - The longer it's on the warmer it gets, the more the sugary fades, and a vanilla blueberry afterglow is left.

Sweet creamy blend of my childhood at the stop-n-go. Bazooka gum, blueberry icecream. Not wanting to spit out my gum and eating the ice cream anyways. Then the wafting remnant smell of all that all over my shirt on the car ride home... :lol: This is a keeper for me, for sure.

Overall: Subtle and soft creamy sweet blueberry. Very low throw on me, a close-skin scent. But a guilty pleasure.

Side note : My fav lab scent of all time is Irrelevant and Distrubing Surreal Crawdad Dream. And the blueberry in this on the drydown reminds me strongly of that scent. So, yum.

Edited by Aveya

In the bottle and when first applied, the three primary notes are all in the mix, with the distinct aspect of the bubblegum obvious. Once it warmed and dried down, however, the bubblegum aspect vanished and the remaining two have become a delicate confection of vanilla fudge.
It's light and a bit sweet, but not heavy or sugary as I had been expecting. Instead of being child-like and more suitable for kids (as the occasional candy-ish BPAL is), this is really just a lovely daytime scent as we move more completely into the growing warmth of spring.

Glad to get a bottle, happy to see hoe this ages!

This is a really happy scent. I guess the gumball flavor doesn't really hit me like how I expect pink bubblegum to, like how it does in A Cute Kid. It's mostly a dreamy blueberry. Bones Trombone has more of a real blueberry scent, whereas this feels like it's tinged with a bit of lavender, so it comes across cleaner. It has decent staying power, I think I got 6-8 solid hours.

Edited by Carrie

Wet: Oh, yes. Creamy blueberry bubblegum. Almost a little powdery smelling, like Bubble Tape! (Do they even make that still?)

Dry: Sweeter than the wet stage! The bubblegum is the star of the show, with a small hint of vanilla, and even smaller hint of blueberry in the background.

I'm so happy I was able to try this out! While I'll enjoy my decant, I don't think I'll upgrade to a bottle.

Wet this is very sweet yummy bubblegum! I love this note but it never sticks around. I didn’t get much blueberry. On the dry down there’s more vanilla. That’s what stands out. It only lasted a half hour or so but was super yummy while it did. Sadly swapped this though because the staying power wasn’t there, and it wasn’t super unique. Cute little blue Unicorn on the label though. ;)

Blueberry and a pink bubblegum note that is very specifically the dust on the outside of a freshly unwrapped piece :heart: Warm and sweet.

The bucket of Dubble Bubble that the teacher would bring out when we were especially good.

In Bottle:  It's definitely vanilla, a dark, creamy vanilla, and the zing of the blueberry bubblegum hits my nose after.  It makes my mouth water.

Wet, On Skin:   Boom! I amp the vanilla forth. The blueberry gum is dark and swirls underneath, it's definitely a blueberry GUM. I can almost taste it.

Dry, On Skin:  The vanilla has softened everything and it is really (REALLY) sweet. I get crazy throw with this (my daughter walked into the room I was in and wanted to know what I was wearing!)  It's INCREDIBLY sweet on me and my mouth is watering. The way the vanilla is playing makes me think of curling up in soft pyjamas. 

Later:  The scent is soft and cozy; the more cloying sweetness is gone and it's just fluffy warm blueberry vanilla. It's a scent that is  lovely for the warmer weather, but I 
feel it would work just as well for a winter's evening, tucked under a blanket with a book. 

Pulled this one out again after not having worn it for a while.  WOW.  Aged very nicely.  In the bottle:  Almost a blueberry/vanilla taffy/frosting thing.  On, wet:  After an initial blast of sweet blueberry candy and vanilla, the bubblegum note starts to creep in, and gets increasingly more prominent during drydown (a good thing, because when I first got the bottle the bubblegum just faded away fast and left a Vanilla Bomb).  Drydown is to a soft, light on the skin sort of blueberry bubblegum fluff with a hint of vanilla; sits lightly on the skin, medium throw and wear length.  This is a happy fun scent!  Oddly relaxing.

Super sweet and powdery bubblegum with some artificial blueberry. The blueberry note was much stronger in the beginning, as it started the dry the bubblegum note became more prominent. I couldn't really pick out any vanilla notes, although I think that could be what made the perfume smell powdery to me. The wear is on the low side, it was almost completely gone within two hours. Gorgeous otherwise, I wish the blueberry note lasted longer too!

boozy blueberry bubblegum… and cinnamon? it’s very in-your-face upon sniffing the bottle, and pretty much the same on my skin. During the dry-down that warm spice that was in the background comes forward a bit and the harshness fades, which i like. I don’t really get any vanilla. 

Edited by stainedglass_siren

A glittery, almost champagne-y silver bubbling on top of a thick, sweet blueberry ...cocktail? Wet, this is somewhat boozy on me - it quickly dries down to a more fresh blueberry scent, perhaps a child's interpretation of what the perfect blueberry picking adventure at dawn would smell like. It also seems like 'one of those' that just woul go plasticy on my skin, but i'm pleasantly surprised that the longer it's on me, the lovelier this gets!