Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

Promises of Izumo Hair Gloss

A sea salt chypre with a hint of cucumber.

This is so soothing. The salty note starts of a bit bracing but quickly is smoothed over by the cucumber. It is salty, but not in an intensely masculine cologne way and there is no sharp ozone. I'm having a really hard time describing this chypre. It's definitely soft aquatic, like a saltwater version of The Forgettable God with a touch of cucumber. It's like getting a waft of sea breeze while having your nose in a glass of cucumber water.

I love this one! It smells fresh and beachy—like a sea beeeze and sun warmed driftwood. The cucumber isn’t super cucumber-y, but blends very nicely to create the fresh breeze vibe. I will definitely be getting a bottle of this one—it will be great scent for summer!

I bought decants, and then getting impatient, like I do, threw one into my cart at the lab. Iam immensely happy about that choice. It smells like salty ocean air with out too much seaweed, like a breeze when you're a block or two out, begging you to come frolic in the ocean. The cucumber is THERE, but it acts more like the wind/refreshing note, than a proper cucumber scent. I am thinking of taking a decant and adding a teensy bit of squirting cucumber to see what happens :) But as far as a soft, enticing oceanic scent, I couldn't imaging better. Very relaxing too.

Ah yes, another decent blind buy! It's like a sea salt spray without the salt texture, and the cucumber is softly refreshing. Makes me feel like I'm at the beach minus the crowd. I dig it.

Fresh, beachy sea salt, with the cucumber note adding an unobtrusive cool, green freshness. Worn in my hair, the cucumber is a bit more prominent; when I  use it as a light body moisturizer, it's more of a salt-and-driftwood scent on my skin. This will be in my regular rotation this summer.