Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
izile

Pinning Up the Shimada Hair Gloss

Blue lilac, peach blossom, plumeria, pink rose, and ylang ylang.

First sniff in the decant, PEACH, I got more peach (and like fruit more than flower) on first sniff than anything else, but there was a kind of pinky-purple light floral scent behind it that came next.

Fresh application: Beautiful, light, floral halo. The peach blossom is definitely blossom now, and the lilac has taken center stage. The rose is playing second fiddle quite happily in the background, and (for me) the dreaded ylang ylang is no where to be smelt.

Hour or so later: It's soft, light, not much throw. The flowers have all largely blended together now and give me the feeling of being in a fresh spring garden. I love this!

This is a super pretty, fresh, and clean floral blend. I’m getting lots and lots of lilac with a touch of clean rose. I’m having trouble picking out the peach blossom and ylang ylang. It’s a very happy and sunny spring blend.

This is my perfect spring floral blend; all lilac and roses, nothing too sharp, nothing too fruity, just sweet new blooms! Paired with Cave of Treasures from last year, and I'm in lilac heaven!

I have been longing for a lilac HG. With these notes, I am not expecting lilac to come out on top, but I had to try it just in case it does.

OMG it's totally lilac dominant at first! The rose then comes through, but you can still totally smell the lilac strongly. I worried ylang ylang would be super strong, but it's just some added sweetness in the background. I can't pick out the other two florals, though it does have a very faint "tropical" vibe, maybe the plumeria? What a lovely spring floral scent, and I am so glad the lilac is really strong in it. Still somehow overpowering that rose! Wonderful. If you love lilac, don't be scared off by the other notes.

I usually don't go for fragrances that are this outright floral, but I actually like all the floral notes listed for this, because they tend to be sweeter flower scents.  It's mostly a beautiful, creamy, honeyed lilac in my hair, with hints of peach candy, sweet rose, and tropical plumeria that swirl in and out of the lilac.  It's sweet and playful, and it makes me think of springtime.  Like wearing a crown of beautiful flowers.