Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ramblingrambler

The Pearl Seeker Bath Oil

Orris root, French lavender, white sandalwood, pink peony, and white honey.

I almost don’t want to review, as I’ve never been first before. :)

Let me preface with this: I am not a lavender fan, and most everything that contains it gets passed on to someone who loves it. I only tested this as a skin moisturizer before bed last night, as that is the only time I can stomach lavender (for sleep).

Luckily, the lavender is only featured for the first five minutes, at which point it fades into a smooth, sweet, powdery scent. I can barely tell which notes are which once it begins to quiet down on lavender—but even then, it is not too floral (in the sense that each note can be distinguished).

This reminds me of the scent of a newborn for some reason. (I don’t have kids and am rarely around them, so take that as you will!)

Although this isn’t my usual scent profile, I would likely use as a body moisturizer before sleep until I emptied the bottle.

I liked this much more than I thought I was going to considering the orris. It does not go overly sweet or powdery to me just a faint elegant powder in the background as it dries on the skin. At first this is mostly lavender to me, and a soft damp lavender. I think the name influences me somewhat because I want to say there is something softly aquatic about it even though there are no aquatic notes. Maybe dewy would be a better adjective. As it settles on the skin I definitely get a good dose of peony and bit more sweetness from the honey. The orris and sandalwood form a really soft and comforting base.I found this scent soothing even with a migraine! Definitely full bottle worthy for me.

Cool, herbal lavender and dusty orris sweetened a touch by the honey and peony. This is a beautiful bath oil that would make a relaxing night time bath. I shall absolutely be getting a bottle!

I always enjoyed BPTP bath oil, but recently I have totally fallen in love with it. I now use it both as a moisturizer any time, and also pour copious amounts into my baths. My skin thanks me for this. I love that there isn't a ton of chemicals in it.

This scent is gorgeous. Lots of really sweet lavender, that immediately puts this in the "bedtime scent" category for me. Hints of lovely florals. Lovely and honeyed. I don't get any sandalwood or orris. This is all about lavender, honey, and a bit of peony. Gorgeous. Good for daytime also. Very springy. I love it.

Lavender, orris, and a whiff of peony. This one is much more floral than the Shipwreck BO even with lavender being the main component. I think I prefer Shipwreck.