Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TrailerTrashPrincess

Discarded Silks Atmosphere Spray

Sweet pea and vanilla orchid, plum blossom, Aglaia flower, orris root, osmanthus, and violet leaf.

i don't wanna be first, because this isn't so much a review as rambling thoughts (which most of my reviews are i admit), but i've been waiting for weeks for someone else to post and i need to get this out of my system before i forget.

somewhere around 89/90 (or, rather, 7th grade) a drugstore scent called Malibu Musk came out. i don't think it was ever all that popular, but it had been around up until last year i think it was finally discontinued. i liked it, i've always liked it, and an older guy i knew, in my best friend's band, well, Malibu Musk made him a little nuts. in what probably would have been delightful ways, if we'd ever gone there, but i had a boyfriend.

every few months whenever i'd wear Malibu Musk, i'd think of him and grin, even if i hadn't seen or even talked to him in a decade.
freakishly, a few years ago, when i did happen to be wearing Malibu Musk, my husband and i ran into him at a BBQ place. the hug i got turned a little awkward, but 20+ years of friendship kinda smoothed things out, i think.

anyhow. i ordered Discarded Silks because the plum blossom, orris root, and violet leaf sounded nice. sweet pea i can do without, vanilla orchid and osmanthus can be amazing or meh, and like everyone else i have no idea what an aglaia flower is.
i haven't used this on my hair, but i've worn it sprayed on my skin like perfume.

at first, it really was more sweet pea and orchid than anything else. but after a couple of hours? it smells like i wore Malibu Musk last night. there's something a little sweeter hovering around the edges, but this smells so very much like the early 90s in all the best ways.

so my graduated-from-high-school-in-the-90s girls? (and boys, of course) you might dig this.

A pretty fruity floral! I smell a lot of orris which lends a breezy, ethereal quality, and plum blossom, which is pretty plummy (as in the fruit). This is a very fun and youthful blend. I have no idea what Malibu Musk smells like, as TTP mentions above, but this smells exactly like something that would be called Malibu Musk. :)

Plum blossom with hints of sweet pea, violet and maybe a brush of orchid. It's a very plum blossom blend, very Asian, and clean florals in the breeze. It's a sweeter floral than I was expecting. Medium throw.

This is so pretty and sweet, the plum blossom is divine and a harbinger of spring. The floral combo here is like a bright dewy morning in a formal garden, all gorgeous with smiling flower faces and filled with promise. For me, it is beautifully sweet but not cloying and just so classic and pretty. I'm going to go wild using this all over my pillows and sheets, it's very fresh and atmospheric in tone, and an overall mood lifter. Just a little bottle of pure happiness.

A really beautiful, soft atmo. So many flowers but none of them overwhelming, just like strolling through a garden in full bloom. I can definitely pick out some sweet pea, and the cool, airiness of the orchid. There is something that gives a clean, fresh touch as well. 

This smells lush, exotic, and very floral.  I keep thinking of a sumptuous, Chinese floral arrangement with all sorts of colorful blossoms, backdropped by Asian opulence.  I can pick out the sweet pea, as well as the plum blossom which hints at fruit but never goes fruity.  I'm also beginning to suspect I very much like vanilla orchid, though I'm not great at picking it out yet.  A beautiful offering to those who like expensive smelling florals.