Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red rose, Siamese benzoin, and blood orange.

I wore this to work today and got compliments from two people.

It's pretty and smells mostly as expected for the listed notes.

The Siamese benzoin surprised me a bit -- before I looked back at the notes, I thought I was smelling some sort of resinous-leaning sandalwood. But maybe it's a sandalwood-leaning resin? The benzoin (or something else in this that's not listed) actually has a sandalwood-like texture to me. It grounds the scent, while being a touch exotic, and I quite like it.

Orange is the strongest scent, but just, followed by rose. The orange is a bright, sugary orange, I'm thinking more tangerine. Definitely a fruity smell, but the rose is never forgotten. And the benzoin definitely plays the supporting roll by rounding it all out and bringing out the sweetness of both the orange and the rose.

I am very pleased with how well the orange and rose work together. To me, it's like the citrus sibling of Quatre.

Solid, straightforward, dependable. Like all Tauruses should wear this scent if they want to magnify their astrological personas. ;)

Really, the notes are an even break, no surprises. Its brunch with freshly squeezed orange juice and a small vase of roses on the silver tray. Eh? Sound good?

This is lovely, but I am surprised over how delicate this smells as it dries down. The citrus is bright and fresh and juicy, and the rose is fully present, but as the day wears on, it begins to smell like a garden tea party in spring, sans the tea, of course. It’s almost as if the tree fruits and rosebushes are waving at you from afar, wafting their scent through the breeze, but never full-on attacking with obvious “rose” and “orange” in your face. Quite delectable. (This does not remind me of Lilith’s Tea Party regardless if my review makes it sound akin to that fragrance image :))

Wet: Sweet rose and tart orange. The orange dominates at first, then the rose quickly takes over. The benzoin adds a rich thickness to the scent, if that makes any sense. It's quite lovely. The orange has stayed true on me so far.

Dry: Wow, this is lovely. I can't believe how good this orange note is on me, usually it turns to powdered bathroom cleaner. I wish the rose came through stronger now that it's dry. It's mostly orange on me. I do like it, but can't picture wearing it. If you're an orange lover though, totally worth a try.

Orangey red roses. It's sort of an orange and red rose jam. There's definitely a very sugary aspect to this. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet
Orange-BAM! (not neccessarily blood orange)

Dry

Sandalwood(?) + bitter orange (still not neccessarily blood orange) + red rose. Background: + subtle resins + citrus + sugar and/or fruit (?).

... somehow this reminds me of sitting in the garden of my childhood with my grandmother (who was then younger) serving gooseberry cake (though I dont consciously smell these notes, this is just the image I get from this scent). I dont know why the image contains sun-burned, yellow flowers after a long summer day (I dont actively smell related scents, but the image is clear).

Edit: Woa, 1.5 hours after applying this, its is a strong cloud of the scent around me.

Conclusions

It doesnt "fascinate" me like other scents, but its really nice on my skin (its great that this doesnt become "artificial" or "clean").

Summer evening. Easy scent; subtle red rose and orange (but not "in your face").

Can easily be worn in the office.

Edited by zazkea