Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tea roses, pink sandalwood, hay absolute, and vanilla orchid.

Late spring day in a rose garden. This scent is a pretty straightforward traditional pink rose with green leaf accord and a slight sweet powdery touch that becomes stronger once the perfume warms up on the skin. To me it's a pink spring-summer scent that would be good on a hot day. It's pretty and feminine. On a windy winter day it faded really fast on my skin, leaving no trace of a scent after just couple of hours. I think it will stay longer and open more beautifully in a warmer more humid weather.

I got a delightful pink tea rose from this and a lot of sandalwood - I struggle with sandalwood amping on me so i generally avoid all sandalwood blends as a rule, but I had been craving a roses-and-sandalwood perfume so I bought this at once, but here the sandalwood stays a pretty side note and blends gorgeously with the pink, bright tea rose. I do get a bit of vanilla flower and hay - the hay came out for me a couple of hours in - but i think they mostly bolster the other notes. Unfortunately this faded to something very light, though it was still there for hours. I hope it's because of the weather or because it's not fully settled yet. I really love this one and i'm glad i got it.

The hay absolute comes out the strongest in the bottle and upon first application. As it dries it quickly becomes dominated by a mix of tea rose and sandalwood, the hay still being noticeable, but in the background, and with maybe the tinniest touch of vanilla.

In short, I would say a nice remix on a bright rose/sandalwood combo.

My nose must have been mush when I first smelled my decants because its a totally different world now. I didn't like Douze when 1st tried, but now I love it.

Wonderfully different interpretation of tea roses. The hay and pink (?!) sandalwood really warm normally sharp acidic tea rose. Its wonderful, french countryside tea rose. The vanilla orchid just keeps things fresh and airy. I would love to see some of our lovely bpal renaissance re-enactors wear this one!

The orchid is the strongest floral in this to be honest, kind of soapy, pale, and oddly bitter. Not at all vanilla smelling, it's not my favorite. The rose does peek out given time but it's surprising light in this blend, and kind of powdery, not helping the soapy feel from the orchid at all. The sandalwood continues to make this smell soapy, lending a sort of clean smell.. I feel like the 'pink' aspect of it has to do with some more rose or another powdery floral. The hay in this is kind of nose tickling, bitter and grassy. Medium throw but low wear length. This one was a dud for me. Something about the orchid smelled really off and overall this blend made me feel kind of sneezy.

Wet: Tea rose comes out the strongest so far. Very pretty. Sweet and delicate. The other notes are just providing a base, and I can't really pick them out individually. The whole thing smells pink and girly and pretty.

Dry: Sadly this fades to almost nothing, and what is left is a touch soapy. Not my fave of the dozen roses.

Tea rose. So lovely and delicate in the imp, and yet it almost always goes sour on my skin. Not always-always, or I would just give up trying. (Maybe; I'm an eternal optimist.) Douze is so pretty in the bottle, and then I get an hour of slightly sour rose. Not terrible, but given the glories of so much other BPAL, not anything I would bother to wear. After an hour the other notes emerge, but it's already fairly faint by then. Glad I got to try this, but I'll be passing on the imp.

Delicate orchid and pink roses with a swirl of hay. It smells nice and clean. Low throw, good wear length.

This is very similar to my beloved The Little Wooden Doll. Amber is replaced by hay & vanilla orchid, neither of which jump out at me. Rose & sandalwood is my forever jam, so I love my decant. If I had a gigantic Lupers budget, I would have gotten a bottle.

Douze is light, balanced, pink rose and a bit of orchid and hay in the background, not sweet or girly.

Apologies, I think this is my shortest review so far, as this doesnt change a lot or create images, when applied on my skin.

"Nice". Straight.

In the imp: light tea roses paired with airy orchid.

Wet: Pink floral hay, very soft.

Dry: I distinctly get some soft sandalwood. The tea roses and orchid are light and breezy, barely there for me. Unfortunately the hay went off, occasionally coming in like flat, wet hay.