Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White rose, gilded carnation, brown oakmoss, and velvet oudh.

Smooth, soft, and stays close to the skin. As it dries, I can smell each ingredient taking its turn to come forward.
First is the rose; I can tell it's a light-colored rose, not necessarily white but pale in color. I get no discernible Carnation but instead something golden. Next comes oakmoss. I was worried that the brown would be stronger and overtake everything but this is not the case. The oudh is very soft and smooth. They all blend together to create a seamless skin scent.

Occasionally I get a nice soft waft of rose but it isn't overpowering and continues to stay close to the skin. On my skin this is a more masculine scent it would be great to snuggle up next to someone who smelled like this.

Dix is a strong, complex, and sophisticated scent. Heady, perfumy, almost chemical rose accord is there, but without knowing it was a rose from the description, I wouldn't recognize it as such. In this perfume it feels like one of several white flower notes, and reads like a rose abstraction instead of a real rose. I almost detect lily, with its heady and sometimes overwhelming aroma, and the carnation note adds a bright sharp edge to the whole composition, although it's not a note that is recognizable by itself. The flowers interplay with slightly musky velvety woody oriental accord, which adds a wonderful feel of luxury and sophistication. I can't say which accord was dominant, as I could detect both of them on my skin throughout the day. I didn't find this perfume morphing on my skin as much as my other BPAL blends. It warmed up on application, but other than that I didn't detect other changes. It faded significantly after 6 hours.

To me this perfume has a vintage feel.

It reminds me of the perfumes my mom wore in the eighties. It feels expensive, and is best used sparingly. In my collection it belongs to the same family as Snooty Roseboth are grown up rose scents, with noticeable oudh accord, although Dix is perfumier and brighter. I feel that it is a winter scent and an evening scent, and will wear it when I want to feel sexy, powerful, and strong. And yes, (I don't know how to put it more diplomatically) some people will think it's an old lady scent. I enjoy it and will proudly wear it with chunky jewelry.

I expected this to be a soft white rose, haunted by the other notes. It's a soft and well-blended perfume, but it's more like the rose and carnation bring a distinctly floral edging to the dominant oudh and oakmoss notes, with a bit of a clove-y undertone from the carnation. I like both of these base notes and don't view them as masculine, but I could see them going that way on a lot of people (how you gender perfume is kind of a personal distinction, anyway). I like the earthy deep green of oakmoss and the dark sophisticated headiness of oudh, but together they are quite a lot, and definitely take over from the rose. That said, the floral note is very strong - and very perfume-y. I agree with the statement that this feels vintage. It has a very 20th century vibe to it.

Staying power going pretty strong so far. I've been wearing it for just over 5 hours without any change to its strength or its scent. It's nice, but I don't think I would have gotten it if i had tried it first.

I've been wearing this for the last two days and I still can't figure out how to review it.

Wet: Gauzy rose and spicy carnations; not a hint of the other notes

Dry: So freaking difficult to pin down! White rose and carnation still. I don't exactly smell either the moss or the oud, but there is something grounding this scent, and I just can't put my finger on it. There's a hint of something almost like white musk maybe.

Relatively low throw but good longevity.

Very feminine on me, womanly as opposed to girly. Velvety, sensuous, romantic.

Reading the other reviews, this is clearly one that plays very differently on different chemistries!

Wet: I LOVE white rose, it is the epitome of nostalgia for me. This is sweet and lovely, as I expect white rose to be. The oakmoss gives it earthy depth with a hint of aquatic (oakmoss always smells damp to me). Super happy the oudh isn't the stanky kind, this is just earthy and woody.

Dry: This dries very faint. Mostly sweet white rose with a hint of moss. It's nice, but it doesn't wow me, with so many other rose scents to choose from right now.

White rose, velvety brown oudh, and a touch of moss. Soft, silky, and velvety. Medium throw and wear length.

So delicate and lovely, like a faded white rose, the tips browning and curling in...the fresh green notes fading, growing earthier and softer. I love the plush hum of the oudh and moss supporting the fading flowers. Springlike and delicate without being girly. A keeper for me.